Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DigiQ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stickyrick
    replied
    Thanks guys, I clean my probes with ultra fine steel wool, I will try to re-enforce thats a great idea

Leave a comment:

• tomtel84
    replied
    I have had probes fail on by BBQ Guru as well, but it turned out that the small wire that is soldered on the end that plugs into the unit broke loose. It's very small and hard to see, but once I repaired (soldered) it, and re-enforced the strain relief with heat shrink tube, I haven't had a problem with them.

Leave a comment:

• cdd315
    replied
    I have never had a probe fail once since I bought my Guru and I've used it quite a few times. How do you clean the probes? I read some place some time ago that they should not be submersed in water. I just use a slightly damp soapy cloth and wipe either probe clean. Sometimes when they get a build up of smoke, I'll take a SOS pad and dip an end in a bit of water and clean them that way but I don't ever put them in water. I don't know if that helps you or not.

Leave a comment:

• stickyrick
    started a topic DigiQ2

DigiQ2

I was wondering if anyone else has any problems with the pit temp probes, I have my small Horizon set up with digiQ2 controllers as well as my large offset cooker they work GREAT, However the pit probes only last for about 6 to 7 cooks before they fail, the meat probes work & last twice as long. I take very good care of them an I`m very careful when handling them , I did talk to someone at BBQ Guru and was told those are the best probes they have, does anyone know if anyone makes a upgraded probes that will work with the DigiQ2 ? or should I just keep buying them by bulk

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here