Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digi Q II Operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digi Q II Operation

I recently purchased a Slow N Sear for my Weber Kettle. Does anyone know if I can use my Digi Q II to monitor the pit and meat temp WITHOUT having any controller fan hooked to it. If so I can manually set my vents and not have to buy another Thermometer and make good use of the Digi Q II that I use on my BGE. Thanks.

I don't own a controller fan, but based on my engineering experience, it should work just as you've described.

If not, you could always just have the fan blow in your face instead of in the grill.

Comment

I have the CyberQ and don't have to connect the fan. It monitors temps just fine.

Comment

Skip, I have the DigiQ DX-2 on My Weber With The Pit Viper 10 CFM(small) Fan! I honestly don't Know the Answer to Your Question but I Can go to the Grill and Check Out if What You Asked About Will Work! NO I WON'T❓, I JUST REMEMBERED MY DIGIQ DX-2 CONTROLLER IS AT THEBBQGURU FOR MINOR REPAIR, the glass came loose❓ I think Your Best Plan is to Call 800-288-4878 ext7, Lori, Customer Service! Please tell Her that I said She Should Help You or That I Will Start Adding Back My to List of Things I'm Going To Say About Her❓ I just told her I took back 3/4 of what I had Said When I didn't the Pink DigiQ-DX-2 Contest they had! Lori and the other Customer Service Reps are Friendly, Concerned and Helpful and they won't BS You and They do Call You Back!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	74 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	302903Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	14 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	302905Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	302904Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	17 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	302906Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	3.71 MB ID:	302907Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	5.63 MB ID:	302908Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	68 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	302909Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	302910 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	303038Click image for larger version

Views:	113
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	303036Click image for larger version

Views:	149
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	303035Click image for larger version

Views:	104
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	303037
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 10, 2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dan.

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Skip, I should have also told You I have the Larger Pit Bull Fan for My Oklahoma Joe Highland COS, I just Switch the Control back and forth between them! It's Work Great So Far! You are More Than Welcome! 👍👍👍👍👍
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

I am having problems with my Digi Q dx2. When I plug the fan into the controller, nothing happens. I hook everything up, and the fan won't kick in. It will run some of the time, but never when I first hook it up. When the pit temp is below the my target, the fan won't kick in to bring it up to my set temp, when starting. Does it just have to sit there for 15-20 mins before it starts running? I thought, perhaps, I was supposed to get it to my starting temp then add the blower and controller. So I manually brought my KEG up too temp, just to see what happened. Same thing, nothing happens, it's almost like the blower is either broken or the controller is failing to communicate with the blower. This is my second Guru product, and I have to say, I have been disappointed with both. Maybe I should have held out until the Fireboard adds a blower.......

This is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone else had this experience?

Should I contact GURU for a replacement fan or the whole unit?

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          contact them and see what they can do for you. Flame Boss would have been my pick if I wanted one of those. But now I'm just waiting for the Smobot for the BGE.

I did call the 800 number and Lori answered my question right away so I suggest you call them tomorrow and Lori will probably help you with your problem too. Good luck.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          But isn't that like "42"?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          You got any of the Tri-Tip left? That was awesome.

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your kind words John. Tri Tip is almost gone. I did get some uncooked corned beef on Saturday so pastrami here we come. Will try Clint Cantwell's SV recipe. any advice?

Spinaker, Skip gave You Good Advice, Call Lori! Just for Your Info My DigiQ DX-2 Fan was Acting Just as You Described My Last Cook! Lori told Me to take the Fan(Viper) off My Weber and Take the Motor out of the Fan Bracket and Check for a Broken Wire Where At the Solder Connection❓ It Was So I Called Her Back Like She Told Me To and She Sold Me a Replacement Motor for a Reasonable Price! My Unit is Long Beyond the Warranty Period! I have Since taken the Old Motor to a Radio Repair Shop and Had the Wires Resoldered for $0.00❓ I Gave the Owner a $5.00 Tip for Her Trouble, I'm Scotch Not Norwegian😇. OBTW, The Fan Should Run As Soon as You Plug It In Provided the Pit Temp is Below Your Temp Setting!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	309483Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	309479Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	309481Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	309482Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	309480

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just to Help You Get on Lori's Good Side Tell Her that We are Acquainted and That I am Still Keeping My List! Even though I did Take Back 3/4 of What I Said About Her When, I didn't Win the Pink Pig DigiQ Control they Gave Away Last Year❓
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your help Dan. That was the info I was looking for. I did not know if the fan should kick in right away. I will check the wire tonight, then make the call tomorrow. Thanks for your insight! You the man!

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Dan, do you get some kind of kickback from Lori or is she your Daughter or something? LOL

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here