Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PartyQ works! My setup worked the first time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PartyQ works! My setup worked the first time.

I have a 25+ year old 22" kettle. It has three sets of air intakes around the lower portion with 3 3/4" holes each. What great control. It leaks badly around the cover but the PartyQ managed fine. I had the top vent almost shut down.

I bought the PartyQ, enlarged one of the lower air intakes. I had to start the coals outside of the grill because of the lack of air, no big deal. Also, I needed to start about 6 coals and set them on top of the unlit coals. The PartyQ held at 225 degrees perfectly (measured with an iGrill ambient probe held 2" above the grate about 4" from the ribs. The coals choke down and get fed air just enough to heat the 225 and they lasted very long.

I did not use any fancy coal set-up. I just used a heavy aluminum water pan to hold the coals to the side. I did cover the coal grate with foil except where the coals were. The PartyQ was set up directly across from the coals so the air flow was allowed to spread but had only one escape..under the coals.

It was amazing. It did take a while to warm up the grill though. I need to work on that, maybe start quite a few coals with the vents open and then move them to the side as the starters, set in unlit coals and close down the vents.

It was amazing! Today ribs on the kettle and salmon at 110 degrees in the smoker.

Interesting... I have often wondered about those things. It would be cool if someone could put an iGrill2 or iCelcius on it so we could see a graph.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Send the Weber kettle and the PartyQ and I will take care of you.

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      On the way! LOL

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      If you send back a brisket. [whistling smiley]

Thats great new mos. Glad to hear the success!

Comment

I use the Party Q on my 22.5" Weber with the Smokenator. Rock solid temp control once I figured out my bottom blades were bent a bit and got new ones

Comment

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Where do you put the Party Q in relation to the coals/smokenator? Does it matter if it is not blowing directly onto the coals? I just don't want to ruin my new kettle with ill placed hole drilling.

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        The Smokenator is at 12:00 and I drilled the hole at 3:00 for the Party Q. I have the thingy pointed to the SN so the air goes to the coals. I believe the instructions say to face the opening towards the SN / coals. I will double check. Apparently I am wrong. Got to http://www.thebbqguru.com/products/bbq-manuals.html for more info. look for the .pdf mounting the bbq guru on your Weber. Remember I have the older model
        Last edited by FLBuckeye; October 30, 2014, 03:29 PM.

Question... I am thinking about a PartyQ for my kettle... Does anyone know, will it control to 425 - 450 for Pizza? Cant really find anything on their site... Thanks in Advance

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        According to my manual, it goes up to 475 degrees. As I have referenced before, I have the older Party Q model

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Buckyeye

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here