Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old style partyQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old style partyQ

Thought I'd attempt a video series of the partyQ

Is that you??

Sweet video. Feel free to do one of many of the ICelsius when you get it in.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; July 22, 2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Thats me bro! Its harder to do that I thought but I want to figure it out. I'll do one on the iC for sure.

Comment

Thanks. I am IGNORANT when it come to shooting videos and editing and most computer stuff in general. I can get around here, play Polar Golf, and put some church lessons on Word, and check email. Pretty much it.

Comment

here's a pic of the pQ running the WSM Sunday. It worked AWESOME. I didn't do a part two yet. (just trying to build an audience I guess) hehehehe

Comment

One is enough!!!

Comment

thats what I figured

making videos is like touching yourself in public... feels good but nobody wants to see it
              Last edited by Jon Solberg; July 22, 2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• boftx
                boftx commented
                Editing a comment
                There are just so many comments that are so wrong that I could make right now.

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                no balls no blue chips : )

• boftx
                boftx commented
                Editing a comment
                "blue" and "balls" in the same sentence? Need I say more?

no way, I have tore up many a BBQ how to's on Youtube. Course not sure if anyone else, yeh, maybe you have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                making videos is like touching yourself in public... feels good but nobody wants to see it
                I. Havenowords. lol

Comment

Nicely done on the video. I even watched it in full screen, I dedicated all of my available resolution to you Jon. although this thread turned south someone along the line...

Comment

1000 pardons wont happen again : )

Comment

• boftx
                      boftx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You wanna bet?

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      boftx contests, and I'm QUITE positive he is right

Comment

If anyone would like to be able to run a PartyQ without batteries... ask me how... it's very easy. All you need is two dead AA batteries and a 6V/2A DC power pack.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                        Jon Solberg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm all ears, or eyes if you got pics

• FamilyD
                        FamilyD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jon... Do you have a basic understanding of DC (Direct Current) circuitry??? Can you solder???

Finally this thread is getting right....again.

Comment

I can solder and get DC

Comment

• FamilyD
                          FamilyD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Buy one of these: http://www.tmart.com/6V2A-Power-AC-D...k_p230192.html
                          Cut off the plug, separate & strip the wires, determine polarity with a volt meter while its plugged in (don't let the two leads short while doing this). Solder the positive lead to the positive end of one of two AA batteries. Solder the negative lead to the negative end of the other of two AA batteries. Now this is the tricky part... Install these in the appropriate locations, far left & far right in battery compartment observing polarity!!! Cut a small notch in the battery compartment cover to allow the wires to exit, yet the cover be reinstalled, secure with that silly small screw & never worry about batteries again or loosing the screw for that matter. (I'm endeavoring to post some pics)

• boftx
                          boftx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That would work, using the "dead" batteries as a voltage regulator. Needless to say, this has to be done with NON-rechargable batteries. But even then, I'd want to check how warm they got a few times before I would feel comfortable.

• FamilyD
                          FamilyD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          boftx...
                          You are over thinking this. There is no continuity between the two "dead" batteries (they don't even have to be dead for that matter, they could be fresh). Once again, the "batteries" are in the first and last positions only in the battery compartment , oriented for correct polarity, the second & third positions are & MUST be vacant, therefore no continuity, no charging effect, no heat. They (the batteries) are only utilized as a convenient means of maintaining contact. You could use anything... for instance, a couple of scrap pieces of wooden dowel rod of an appropriate diameter, cut to length, utilizing small screws or tacks as terminals to secure the wires in lieu of the ability to solder. Voltage is maintained (regulated) by the transformer. The 6V/2A transformer equals the intended voltage of the four AA batteries in series (4x1.5V=6V).
                          I have in fact done this & the unit has preformed flawlessly ever since.
                          I hope this helps,
                          Joe

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here