Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guru fan placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guru fan placement

I upgraded to a cyberq for my egg, so I'm moving my digiq to my weber performer premium. The holder for the dome lid is at 9 o'clock, my sns is at 12 o'clock, and the prep table is at 3 o'clock. I'm debating whether the fan should go at 3 o'clock or at 6 o'clock, whether is should go above or below the charcoal grate, and what direction the opening should point on the inside. Any suggestions?

oh, and since there's nothing like waiting till the last minute, I'm also gonna try to get it done before smoking a bird for thanksgiving dinner.

I have mine (a PartyQ) close to 180 degrees opposite of the SnS and below the charcoal grate, pointing the airflow down. You need it below the charcoal grate so that the airflow is not impacted by anything on the charcoal grate such as a foil covering to catch drippings or a Drip 'N Griddle pan, etc. Make sure that the location is clear of the ash sweep blades in both directions and on the exterior of the Weber it's clear of the ash sweep handle.

Comment

Here's how I have my Performer Premium set up:
      Lid holder and lid @ 9:00
      SnS @ 9:00
      Fan @ ~ 2:00 and just below the charcoal grate. You want it as close to 3:00 as possible, but the propane tube is at 3:00, so it has to be moved slightly towards 2:00.
      Covering the grate outside the SnS with foil, (as Fuzzydaddy said above), will give better control of the airflow. I use a ss sheet cut into an 18.25" circle with the part below the SnS removed, but the DnG is on my list for the future.

I posted about my mods - including a Cyber'Q some time ago.

Comment

The delux has the propane starter, the premium doesn't, so I don't have the burner tube in the way. Based on the advice from both of you I'll put it just below the charcoal grate at 3 o'clock . Think there would be any problems with keeping the sns at 12 o'clock with that setup? (If there are I guess I can easily move the sns to 9 o'clock, the hard part will be getting my head to adjust to the new position)

Comment

I've ran my at 180 and 90 from the sns and ive stuck with 90 or 3:00. And the damper toward the sns

Comment

I have the Delux and installed mine at 4:00, works just fine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here