Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a partyQ work for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a partyQ work for me?

I have decided that I want to go thermostatically controlled. I think a partyq will work, but wanted to check with the experts first.

My problem is that I would like to use the same unit in at least 4 different applications. A PBC, a 22" other, a 22" jumbo joe, and a very small grill on my truck. Is the partyq big enough to run the PBC? I know it will run the weber fine, and I dont know why i couldn't restrict the adapter for the small grill on the truck. I really can't even figure out how it mounts. Pics show it with threads, but their way overpriced adapters appear to not have threads. Any thoughts or advice?

I've used an Auber with a 6.5 cfm fan to supplement the PBC with no problems. I set it to kick in when a full barrel of meat stalls and causes the barrel temp to plummet.

Not sure what size the Partq is rated to.

Comment

• snowandsmoke
      snowandsmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the partyq is also a 6.5 cfm, but I haven't verified that. Did you add a hole to the PBC, or use the existing hole? I would really like to retain its normal function and just have the fan kick on when it needs some help.

I've never used it on the PBC, but then I've never felt the need to. I use thermostats only when it is hard to control temp. Remember, they reduce oxygen which makes the fire smolder and the best smoke is from a small hot fire. It's tricky, but the best taste will come from mastering fire management. Fewer coals rather than less air.

Comment

• snowandsmoke
      snowandsmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      My main reason for wanting to use it on the PBC is for cold, wind and rain. It would also be nice to never have to worry about the fire dying after I open the lid.

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen!!! #SmallerCoalsMoreAirBetterFire

Lol, i had forgotten about posting this. I held out for almost a year before I ordered the partyq. Now I hope it actually works for me.

Comment

Did it work? I'm considering the PartyQ for my Weber 26 and I would take it to the cabin as well where I have a 22.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, I may have a controller for you. If you are interested. Once I get the Fireboard cable. I don't think I will need my DigiQ anymore. You would need to get a Pit Viper fan. But we could work something out for the controller.I will included all the probes and adapter. First, I want to try out the Fireboard cable, to see which I like better.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds great I'm definitely interested. I'll research DigiQ now.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Which model is it Spinaker ?

The PartyQ works great with 22” kettle but I haven’t try it with PBC really see no need to.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here