Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smartfire BBQ Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartfire BBQ Controller

Came across this last night on the interwebs....

Smartfire is a WiFi+Bluetooth BBQ Temperature Controller & Digital Thermometer that lets your monitor your BBQ from your smartphone anywhere. Order here!

Looks and sounds interesting. I don't think I will be purchasing just yet, but thought I would share and see if anyone else has seen or had experience. It's an Australian product, and looks like it combines iGrill2 and a BBQ Guru in one device, and for only about $225 USD.

Looks like it'd be nice to have. Must be getting popular, cause website says it's $290 now.

Comment

Looks nice. Never used one.

Comment

Dr ROK 290 is actually Australian Dollars (AUD) which on $210 USD I think. I priced a unit with four probes at 309 AUD or $225 USD.

Comment

I've been Beta-Testing a SmoBot, a non-blower temp controller, gonna have a review out soon.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            VERY COOL! Love this. Looking forward to the review.

• Rfuilrez
            Rfuilrez commented
            Editing a comment
            I run my Heatermeter without a fan. Just has a servo controlled door to change air flow. I like it a lot. Only thing is can't ramp temperature fast like a blower one, but that's ok.

Hi,
          Thanks Koy for the shout out. Mark from Smartfire here, happy to answer any questions.
          I think you'll all be intrigued by the Smartfire controller. Wi-Fi, modern smartphone app, can monitor and manage from anywhere securely without wifi router trickery, can run off 5V mobile phone power banks, has intuitive controls where you just choose the food type you wish to cook ...and is half the cost (~$190 USD) of the older competition. Love to hear your feedback!
          I've also cut a discount code (SMARTFIRE-AMAZINGRIBS) for the amazingribs community, like many I learnt a lot about the BBQ craft by carefully going through the site's amazing articles. Thanks!
          HTTPS://smartfirebbq.com?discount=SMARTFIRE-AMAZINGRIBS
          Smartfire perfects the art of BBQ for today’s Internet connected family. Monitor, manage and perfectly smoke your favourite BBQ from your smartphone anywhere.
          Last edited by Smartfirebbq; May 13, 2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Mark, drop me a note and let's get one to our Electrical Engineer thermometer tester, Bill McGrath.

• BriggsBBQ
            BriggsBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Put it on wife's list of birthday presents. I have been wanting someone to do this for a long time now. Under the options of 2x BBQ does that mean there are two fans/units or just moniters the temp of two bbq's?

• Mitchl
            Mitchl commented
            Editing a comment
            Guest Device looks good. Question about the app. What devices will be supported and what is plan for OS (operating system) or new phone updates in the future? I've been bitten by smartphone dependent devices and lack of continued support, e.g. Apple has major update to iOS. Thx. M

Welcome aboard Smartfirebbq. I'll have to look into this.

Comment

Smartfirebbq, Welcome to The Pit! Always good to hear from Down Under! Mark, You might want to contact David Parrish, Pres of Adrenaline BBQ Co and Max Good, Max does the Ratings & Reviews for Amazing Ribs! I like the looks of Your Temp Control, I am going to give it more than a Passing Glance! I currently use a DigiQ-2 on my 22 1/2" Weber Performer with an S 'n S (Slow & Sear) by ABC.Com makes a better than Avg Smoker of the Weber Kettle Grill!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Took advantage of the Amazing Ribs discount and ordered one. Will need to get an adapter for the Weber Charcoal Summit and toward the bottom it says the current shipping estimate is June. So when it shows I'll try to remember to update you guys on it here.

Comment

Anyone actual use one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by BriggsBBQ View Post
                  Anyone actual use one of these?
                  I bought one in May and received in August.I purchased the one with a grate probe and 3 meat probes, I also bought their adaptor. I have never used anything like this for smoking so thought would be fun to try and would let me get some sleep on over night cooks. Its a little less than the bbq guru cyberq. I paid $212 usd with discount code above and an additional $40.72 usd for the adaptor (everything ships from AU). I have a Weber Charcoal Summit and the adaptor they sent was made for weber grills & didn't fit the WCS. I ended up buying the adaptor off bbq gurus site. I have not had a lot of cooks with it maybe 4 or 5, but every time I use it I've had no issues with it. it works as expected seems to regulate temp well when there is ample charcoal. The last cook I had the other day, the fan couldn't keep the temp regulated and that was my fault (loaded charcoal opposite side from the fan). Setup was fairly simple on IOS and connected to my wifi fairly quickly. Only tip I have is when inserting the meat probes the meat temp needs to be above 65f before the temp will show up on the app, so let it cook for 30mins-1hr before inserting them. I did contact them and received a response in a timely matter, and it seems like the are keeping the app and firmware updated on regular basis. As of today, if I had to do all over again I would not hesitate to purchase again.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
                    BriggsBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool thanks for the information. I actually just bought a Heater Meter. Will see how that goes. I am a bit concerned about getting the wifi to work which is what I really like.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here