Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digiq has arrived!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digiq has arrived!!

Short story here. Our normal UPS driver I guess was on vacation because when I called him this morning to have him deliver my digiq he never answered. I was in Walmart holding st. Louis ribs in my hands and since I didn't know if my digiq was going to be delivered.. wah!!!! I passed up on them.. Did I mention my son was coming home from college and he is a bbq addict like I am ?? Did I say this was a short story? Maybe I was wrong. When I got back to town without buying any meat... (this is where the crying starts) I found the ups driver who is not our regular driver.. umm. He had my digiq!! So I have an upset son plus nothing to cook... then I realized there will be other chances. My family doesn't realize but I do.. so maybe I am the more patient person for the 1st time in my whole life.. What ever. Always another day!!

Comment

WooHoo for you!

Comment

Well... too much captain and too much rain..

Comment

Dang...nothing you could cook?

Comment

• MagWarrior
            MagWarrior commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish.. tomorrow is a new day which leaves options available. . Not worried about it. . I'm an old man In older middle aged body.. I have alot of WOW bbq ahead of me!! Which of course I will share. .all is good.. goodnight everyone! !

Have fun with your new toy!!

Comment

MagWarrior ...

You just bought yourself many nights of great sleep.👍

When I bought my DigiQ Dx2 for my BGE I already had a Maverick ET 735 which would monitor my cooking temp & meat temp so I could monitor it on my iPad in my bedroom on long low and slow cooks.

Now that I know how to use my DigiQ I don't even bother using my Maverick any more. I set the DigiQ and get it stabilized and go to bed. I comfortably sleep 8 hours without beepers going off and get up in the morning and the BGE is chugging along at exactly... 225°.👍

Whomever figured out how to make my cooker maintain an exact temperature for 16 hours REALLY ought to go into the BBQ Hall of Fame!

Comment

MagWarrior, If you are going back to town yo might want to Pick up a knockout punch set from Harbor Freight unless you have an electrician friend close at hand to borrow from! The punch will work better than trying to drill a +- 7/8" hole in your kettle to mount your fan adapter without Distortion! A hole saw will work but I find them difficult to control! I posted a couple of Pics showing the location of the fan as I installed it! Hope this helps some? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
              Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 23, 2016, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice! However my vulcan v-9 smoker has a 1 1/2 ball valve with a adapter down to 3/4 for the digiq so no drillin. Just chillin...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here