Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK folks want a new toy looking at the BBQ GURU. Have been told the stoker is better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grantw
    replied
    I have the dx2 and the cyber q from guru, both of them are amazing, pay close attention to the options you want like open lid detect is nice, the ramp is cool too i threw in a full shoulder with ramp mode on, went to work whick is an hour away did a full 8 to 5 day and came back to a done meal. I cant speak for stoker but meat head had some issues and the buyer guide says not recomended, i did email guru with some questions and they did get back to me promptly so i highly recomend bbq guru

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    I have talked to Harry Soo in Oakland at the Oaktown Throwdown he likes the stoker that's why I ask the question and me and computer stuff don't get along to pretty good as some of you can see

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    you da man

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    thanks my friend

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    I have a Party Q from BBQ Guru and really like the way it performs. I use it with my Smokenator and together they are a killer combo for temp control on my Weber 22.5" One Touch Silver. Much easier than adjusting the vents to get to 225. Not just a "gadjet" IMO. My brother has a Traeger and has determined that his Weber with the SN and the Party Q gets better results. TIFWIW. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Done! GURU it is.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I'll get it for you, then your post can be searchable with the correct wording

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe you should consider a pellet smoker. Lots of control and wifi. You can sleep. Win Win!

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    to help control the temp for the overnight cooks so I can get some rest when I try to compete when cooking all 4 meets at

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Well Bob, here is my humble opinion. I run a partyQ from BBQ Guru. I don't believe that it makes my cooks any better. I feel its just a gadget. I think that any smoker thats set up right will run solid without added technology. Not sure what your looking to do and perhapes this opinion will be unpopular but...

Anyway. What do you hope to achieve with the stoker / controler ?

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    replied
    I cant edit the post question

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    I am sorry folks BBQ GURU and I will edit my post (I am a dumb as#)

• Jon Solberg
    replied

I put a link to the stoker page:

I can't hind a link to the BBQ GENIE

Bob we want to help but we need some info here.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    replied
    my friend I couldn't put a link up if it bit me I aint to pretty smart but it is a air controller type thingy for a smoker to kind of making it easier to regulate temp.

Leave a comment:

• hokietrax
    replied
    What's a BBQ Genie? Got a link?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here