Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster IQ 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitmaster IQ 120

I've never used a temperature regulator kit. I would like to read comments/thoughts regarding the Pitmaster IQ 120. Have you used it and does it work/help in cold temperatures? Thanks in advance.

Well, here is a place to start.

See the complete review of the Pitmaster IQ120, a straightforward temperature controller for charcoal grills and smokers. We gave it a Gold Medal for good performance and low price.

Comment

• Tom L
      Tom L commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks...I searched for this earlier but got no results

I've known a couple of folks who have had this unit. All I remember is reliability problems with it. There are much better units out there that offer greater flexibility and can accept more temperature probes. This looks to be limited to just two. It's a pretty good solution at a reasonable cost point. Perhaps someone else on here has some hand on experience with one. Sorry I can't be of any further help, other than encourage you to spend a little more.

At any rate, welcome to the Pit !!

Comment

Greetings from NW Oregon

Comment

I know nothing about that unit, sorry. But welcome to the Pit from Southwest Florida.

Comment

I know nothing, so that makes my Pitmaster IQ at about 12.

Comment

For reference Tom, the Fireboard is quite popular here for a bit more money, which is why not too many folks here have one. If we're already spending $200 bucks for a temperature controller, we're in Fireboard land, which is outstanding.

The FireBoard is a wifi-enabled digital thermometer designed to operate via your smartphone or through the web. Learn more today.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. The Fireboard is a great option, but it doesn't come with a fan.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

What are you cooking on?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here