Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to install PartyQ on Weber kettle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to install PartyQ on Weber kettle?

Hi - I have a 22" Weber kettle, Smokenator, and just bought a PartyQ. Since I ended up with 2 kettles I'm going to drill one for the PartyQ set up. The instructions that came with it are ambiguous - so where in relation to the Smokenator do I put the PartyQ intake? I generally have kettle handle front, Smokenator 90deg to the left, meat opposite that at 90deg to the right. My guess is drill hole opposite Smokenator, under where the meat is - what do y'all say? Thanks!

I go opposite side aka directly across.

Comment

Thank you - I'll do that!

Comment

To follow-up, I did the ParyQ install as noted. One trick - on my Weber with the ash catcher, you have to watch where the vents and the blades move inside when used to clear the ash. This required mounting PartyQ on the left side (with handle facing forward) or the PartyQ vent would have interfered with the motion.

Did one test cook then used it to cook some of the best ribs I've ever done! 6 hours, Smokenator, apple wood, 225deg. Some overshoot when I lifted lid to change rib positions and add briquettes towards the end, but not too bad. PartyQ temp readout consistently 5-10 deg higher than Thermoworks Chefalarm grill temp, to which I had it clipped. A good start - may upgrade to SnS soon for longer cooks. Cheers!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here