Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Notes and Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Notes and Charts

I have read many Fireboard reviews and I do not see a lot of thoughts on these features specifically.

A big part of the reason why I'd like to get the Fireboard as a Christmas present is the note taking and content sharing abilities.

More specifically, I want to be able to write and save longer notes on cooks or even recipes, be able to annotate graphs easily with dots and explanations for probes as needed, and export the finished product to the Pit. Then, ideally save pics of my cooks and exhibits to the cloud and specific cook for later recall. So, I have good notes, pics, and data all in one place and organized. The more I can do on mobile, the better, but desktop is okay.

Can you guys share if this is possible on the FB and how easy it is to do? My concern is the process would be more cumbersome than fun, which would be a disappointment.

Everything I've read about the BBQ Guru suggests this cannot be done so I am not considering that one.
    Last edited by STEbbq; September 6, 2021, 10:59 AM.

Adding notes and pics to the cook in real time is pretty easy on mobile. I know you can likely do all of most of what you want with it but I haven't used those features much of way all.

Comment

Super easy to do all that. You can take photos through the app and it create a dot on the graph where the photo was taken. Same with notes.
      ​ ​ ​

Comment

• Rod
        Rod commented
        Editing a comment
        HawkerXP ??

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed
        Last edited by HawkerXP; September 6, 2021, 06:29 PM.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see them Rod. I would delete the pics and reupload.

How about now? STEbbq HawkerXP

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210906-103229.png
Views:	390
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1089482

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210906-103235.png
Views:	397
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1089483Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210906-103242.png
Views:	389
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	1089484

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome!

• Rod
        Rod commented
        Editing a comment
        HawkerXP First set of pics were from my phone. Second post was from my laptop. I can see both from my phone and laptop. Guess Fireboard is easier to use than The Pit!

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        I love my Fireboard , but had no idea I could do half of that. Thanks for sharing!

I lean towards the Drive model as I can add a fan at a later date for a new smoker and be ready to go. The bare bones model would work for now with the MB560 purely as a data collection device (well, there is a $10 cord I can buy if I want to control it) but I would have to buy the cord and fan if I wanted to control another charcoal smoker which would cost more than the integrated one.

What do you think Rod
      Last edited by STEbbq; September 6, 2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        The FB drive is definitely more convenient than a regular with the special drive cable dongle. Both will work, but if you really anticipate someday wanting the fan control buy the drive or pro now. The Pro if you think you might want to use in a Pizza oven or something else crazy hot. The dongle is just a little awkward and something else to keep track of.

• Rod
        Rod commented
        Editing a comment
        STEbbq Sorry just saw your edit. I'd go with the Drive. You'll save a few bucks if you end up having to buy that ridiculously priced cable.

I bought the FireBoard for the hardware but was highly impressed with the software. I can check all of my sessions and view notes and images I took at the time. I can even check the temps on my Apple Watch. The sw doubles the value of the purchase.

Comment

I don’t take a lot of notes nor add pictures. However, I use the history all the time to refresh my poor memory on about how long things take to cook. I also love the watch app like BBQPhil. Mostly when I want to take a walk while doing the reverse part of steaks.

Comment

The FB pro is nice if your rig uses K probes already. Used mine on the master built gravity and even used it to drive the rig, bypassing MB control system. 700F cooks were no problem with the K probe

I usually don’t annotate cooks or if I do I use paprika, but I’ve also downloaded and plotted the FB data to plot myself. Pulling data out and archiving within the app all work well. They’ve come a long way since the buggy beginning years ago.

back when I had a guru controller I was able to export the data and use it, which was pretty much the only choice since there was no real app. I haven’t messed with the new gurus or their software.

Comment

Unboxed my Pro today and put it together while warming up the coals on my KJ after charging for a few hours. Can't say it was easy for me like everyone else, man, I even had an issue putting the adaptor plate on the blower via rails? Huh? Had to run back into the house to get my glasses. Plugged in super easy, but then I started reading the instructions and its a little more technical than I realized. What sold me was the K's and I thought the graphs were really cool and they are. Some things are just worth the money and this is. I will learn the rest later...maybe.
            Last edited by Henry B; October 18, 2021, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here