Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard - Looking to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard - Looking to buy

Hi,

I am looking to buy Fireboard and accessories to install on my Weber Summit Kamado. Anything I should know before I purchase ? Any accessories I should add or not buy ? Here the picture of what I plan to purchase.

Thanks !!

Happy grillin'
    Attached Files

Any reason you’re buying the competition probe? It comes with probes. Curious how it goes when you get it hooked up. Summit is a terrific cooker.

Comment

• Frank164
      Frank164 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is because they are giving 2 competition probes on order over 79$. I don’t truly see the need, the only difference is it makes a smaller hole in the meat.

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4, makes sense. Between the Summit and the Fireboard, you’re set up for some great cooks. Enjoy

I don't have the comp probes (don't see the need), but that's the same setup I have and it works great.

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you feel as though your gasket that came with the adapter seals up well against the bowl of the Summit?

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      au4stree I do not, but after some finagling I can get it tight enough. Still, not a perfect fit for the WSCG, but not a deal killer either.

I ordered everything. Can't wait to have it !!! First smoke with the fireboard is going to be a brisket !

Comment

Wait, doesn’t the Weber summit have a round fan intake port built in? If so I’d probably get a bbq guru fan instead (I installed the guru fans on all me stuff before I ever had a fireboard and the fans work great with the fireboard).

Comment

• Frank164
        Frank164 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it does have a round port. Thats why i am buying the new bracket from fireboard that allows to fit their blower within that port.

I hope your experience is better than mine.
      https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...reboard-issues
      Last edited by Truckbutt; June 25, 2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

May be a little late, but get a temp probe of 2 for the grill. I have at least one on every thing I cook on so I can leave them in place. A spare probe laying on the cook surface will work, but it’s not as clean looking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here