Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I did it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I did it...

... I ordered a Fireboard 2 Pro to replace the CyberQ that no longer connects to my phone. I did talk to BBQ Guru and they said that there were no other apps that worked with the CyberQ.

I can use the Pit Viper fan I already have, so the cost wasn't as bad as it could have been...

What's next? A pellet pooper?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Nonsense, toothpicks, or particleboard on the George Foreman will give you a nice smokey flavor to the meat. The flavor is hard to beat.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      If you had a George Foreman grill, what would you likely name it? George Foreman VII

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      soak the particle board in liquid smoke and you are good to go!!

Congrats. Did you get the standard(?) one or the drive?

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      He got the Pro. Is there a Pro Drive?

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 - the Pro is Drive.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB - Thanks for the response. I did not know that. Cool.

So BBQ Guru no longer has working apps for their devices? That sounds concerning.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Not correct - they do have an app, but it only works with the higher end of their current lineup.
      Last edited by RonB; May 12, 2021, 10:49 AM.

You're going to love Fireboard products.

K.

Comment

Congrats. No interest in their newer UltraQ?

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems that they stop supporting older stuff a bit too quickly. Combine that with the amount of love Fireboard gets here and the decision was easy.

You went all out on the Pro version? Very cool. I kinda wish I would have waited for the Pro to upgrade from the original, but I have so many FB probes of different types. With the MAK having type-K probes, I thought it would be nice to have have a Pro now though.

Fireboard rocks, I've had one since the Kickstarter released. FB sessions are my cook log book (though I really need to invest the time and energy into something more easily sortable, etc.). Best feature is the repeatable alerts for overnight cooks.

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        fzxdoc That's a great idea! I'm going to start doing that for my FB sessions & copying them into Word or Excel.
        Last edited by kenrobin; May 12, 2021, 03:30 PM.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Geeze Kathryn, I'm tired of your spot on organizational skills. Dang it, now I have to change the names of ALL the cooks in my Fireboard, what a great idea. Thanks a lot

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        I do end up changing them and cleaning some up, when I’m scrolling through 200 of them trying to find that Prime Rib I cooked last or such, but usually only update the ones I touch doing the search. I do have a two step cross reference most of the time, I find the photo in my album and look at the date info of the pic to find the Fireboard session. What’s sad is how many food pics are in my photo roll.

Is this a recent development? I haven’t used my CyberQ since December, but I was looking forward to using it this summer.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris - the Pit Pal app was a 3rd party app. BG did not have an app for the Cyberq, (as far as I know). When they upgraded their devices, they came out with their own app. I'm guessing that with no new buyers for their app, Pit Pal stopped offering it...

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Mosca - yours might still work. If you try it, let us know how it goes...

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m using an app called ShareMyCook.

I use my BBQ Guru fan with the FB Drive. It works great.

Comment

That is pretty lousy that BBQ Guru won't support their own older controllers on the newer versions of their own apps. I guess I should consider myself lucky that my 4 AA battery powered PartyQ doesn't use an app, and still works.

Comment

You’ll LOVE the FireBoard,congrats

Comment

Sounds to me like the sharemycook web page that Mosca uses still supports the CyberQ - it shows on the top of the page. So while not an app, that should get the job done from any device. Just no notifications or alarms I suppose.

Comment

Did you buy from FireBoard or a reseller?

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                FireBoard.

NIce! You will like it. I have two of them now and they are great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here