Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I did it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Geeze Kathryn, I'm tired of your spot on organizational skills. Dang it, now I have to change the names of ALL the cooks in my Fireboard, what a great idea. Thanks a lot

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    If you had a George Foreman grill, what would you likely name it? George Foreman VII

• kenrobin
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc That's a great idea! I'm going to start doing that for my FB sessions & copying them into Word or Excel.
    Last edited by kenrobin; May 12, 2021, 03:30 PM.

• kenrobin
    replied
    I use my BBQ Guru fan with the FB Drive. It works great.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Nonsense, toothpicks, or particleboard on the George Foreman will give you a nice smokey flavor to the meat. The flavor is hard to beat.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I have always been a big proponent of the George Foreman Grill. Smoke, coals and dark crispy crust is highly overrated.

• Mosca
    replied
    Is this a recent development? I haven’t used my CyberQ since December, but I was looking forward to using it this summer.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    That's exactly what I do, glitchy . The minute I open a new session, I rename it with the Cook #, the Cooker and the Protein. That way it's easy to either scroll through the cooks on the FireBoard site without even referencing my Word documents. But for searching, the Word document has the upper hand especially when you get 100 cooks or more lined up on the FireBoard page. So cutting/pasting the cook the next day is the way to go, unless you just spreadsheet them by date or cook number, perhaps

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    It seems that they stop supporting older stuff a bit too quickly. Combine that with the amount of love Fireboard gets here and the decision was easy.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc I need to do something like that. Right now when I want to remember about how long something takes I scroll through session after session. Heck a great start would be to just rename my sessions by protein, cooker, and weight. I’m just usually distracted and off to the next thing in life before getting it done. I just need to make it part of the process.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I copy/paste each Fireboard cook log into a Word document.

For the Logs, I keep the cookers separate, as in WSCGC Cooks, PBC Cooks, and Weber 22"Kettle cooks, so I'm comparing apples to apples when I sort through for cooks of a certain type of meat or veg. Cook types are easily findable in Word.

Kathryn

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    George Foreman grill.

• glitchy
    replied
    You went all out on the Pro version? Very cool. I kinda wish I would have waited for the Pro to upgrade from the original, but I have so many FB probes of different types. With the MAK having type-K probes, I thought it would be nice to have have a Pro now though.

Fireboard rocks, I've had one since the Kickstarter released. FB sessions are my cook log book (though I really need to invest the time and energy into something more easily sortable, etc.). Best feature is the repeatable alerts for overnight cooks.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Congrats. No interest in their newer UltraQ?

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Not correct - they do have an app, but it only works with the higher end of their current lineup.
    Last edited by RonB; May 12, 2021, 10:49 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here