Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions on my BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on my BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2

I've had old faithful for many years. She started acting up last weekend. The buttons worked sporadically, the temp changed at random, and I would get various strange codes and alarms that didn't mean anything.

I decided to take it apart and "work" on it.....which mainly consisted of me taking it apart and just looking at it since I had no idea what I was doing.

Well, I plugged the unit in while the front cover was off. Come to find out, the unit works flawlessly without the front cover. I popped one of the buttons off the cover, and strangely enough, when touched to the contacts on the electrical board, I could adjust all the settings.

All good, right? So I put it back together, and no bueno once again. It was malfunctioning as before. I took it apart again and again, repeating the sequence above over and over......each time malfunctioning when put back together.

I'm now on my 3rd "coverless" cook since last weekend without incident. But I'm completely at a loss as to why it won't work with the cover on. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is old faithful just destined to be wrapped in a sandwich baggy for the rest of her days?

Perhaps it is shorting out. If I were you, I would patent that new clear cover. Just kidding.
    You might contact BBQ Guru and explain your problem with them. I've never dealt with them, but I also have one and love it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here