Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard 2 Drive + Pit Viper | DO I NEED A CABLE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard 2 Drive + Pit Viper | DO I NEED A CABLE?

Inspired by a sticky post at the top of this thread, I last I decided to add a Fireboard 2 Drive + Pit Viper, + probe gasket to my Weber 22" and kick the can on my Kimodo vs. PK 360 vs. Weber Summit debate with how to solve for my charcoal solution given my wife's mandate that I can only own two grills (or invest in building out a full outdoor kitchen, which I do not want to do at this time).

This morning I woke up with a fear in the back of my mind. Do I need a cable that is not included with either the Fireboard Drive, or the Pit Viper, in order to connect the two devices and make the system work? Or, can the cable included with the Pit Viper plug into the FB Drive?

Having searched the boards I cannot find a definitive answer as I am unsure as to whether previous discussions were related to the original Fireboard (I believe cable required), or the FB Drive. Hence the new post. I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.

Any help is most appreciated.

Because people will ask, current setup is W22 with SNS and DNG, on which I have had difficulty maintaining steady low and slow (225 - 250) temps. This is paired with a Weber Genesis 3 burner gasser with Grill Grates (2 flat side up / 3 flat side down).

The Pit Viper will plug right into the FB 2 Drive. I have the same setup, no need for a cable. The cable is only required for the original FB.

Comment

• andrwgrcia
      andrwgrcia commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Much appreciated.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup what he said

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here