Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Bought Myself a Birthday Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Bought Myself a Birthday Present

So my birthday is coming up in just over a month. My trust 7 cup Cuisinart food processor is on its last leg. The locking tab on the bowl which secures the lid in place and allows it to engage the interlock shaped off a while ago. I tried hard to replace the bowl, but it apparently isn't supported any longer. I can still use the machine by holding the lid down with one hand while operating the buttons with the other hand. Any way, I started looking for a replacement and found this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	img98c.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	998808
    It's the "prosumer" lines produced by the French company makes RoboCoup. It's Serious Eats' top rated food processor. It's mainly available from Williams-Sonoma. I saved $50 by getting white instead of stainless/chrome. It's supposed to come in a cooler of weeks. I'm so excited!

I had one once that I used pretty often, a smaller one; a quart? Anyhow, it broke after many years. After not having one, a couple-three years or so without it, I replaced it maybe two years ago, and I think every used it twice in that time. Once you get out of the habit, and all that.

But, nice machine! What do you find it useful for, what is it essential for?

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pizza dough, hummus, guacamole, Caesar dressing, whipped cream, meringue. I use it for a couple of steps when I make pea soup. I'm hoping to find other uses for the Magimix. It supposedly excels at slicing and grating compared to many other brands/models.
      Last edited by Dewesq55; March 4, 2021, 11:50 PM.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      " It supposedly excels at slicing and hearing..."

Damn internet of things...

Congrats and happy birthday!

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Nice.

Comment

Sometimes it’s the little things, isn’t it?!?!?! 🤓

Comment

Very nice. Happy Birthday!

Comment

So fun! Happy Birthday David!

Comment

Nice "Happy Birthday to Me" gift. Enjoy using it!

Kathryn

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Happy Birthday! my cuisinart bowl broke as well (the tab that locks it to the base).The replacement I bought doesn't fit,So I'm looking forward to magi mix performance updates.
              I do have a Robo Coup as well but it's a little big for everyday use!

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Happy birthday! I have an old Cuisinart that I maybe use once every couple of years, but I refuse to get rid of it. I need to use it more often.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You definitely should.

Happy birthday. I have the same model in Silver and it's great.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    mgaretz - Yeah, Mark. I would have preferred the silver but it was $50 more than the white. Not worth it to me.

• mgaretz
                    mgaretz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't even think they offered it in white when I got mine. It was years ago and they still sold them in the stores. Now I think they're only online.

Happy Birthday! These are great for so many things and a real time saver. You will love it.

Comment

Great self birthday gift!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here