Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronco's Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronco's Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ

I know I shouldn't admit it, but I have a Ronco Rotisserie & BBQ. I didn't spend money on it. I was taking a walk, and the folks two doors down were moving out. There was a pile of stuff curb side, and the rotisserie was just right there. It looked brand new and all the accoutrements were there. Who am I to refuse a gift from the Garbage gods?

I've used it a few times. It has positives and negatives.
    On the plus side, the danged thing works pretty well.
    On the negative side, set up and cleaning are a bit of a pain. Getting the skewers dead center of the meat is important but not easy. There's also no temperature adjustment. You get on and off, so on big butts I've found myself turning it off and letting it rest to cook it through without burning the outside more than I like.

I don't think I'd buy one for full retail, but the price was right for one more gadget. If you find one cheap at a flea market or yard sale, pick it up.

I had to check your location to see, I threw one away this spring. The lack of temperature adjustment renders it almost useless.

Comment

set it and forget it, oops over cooked.
      You may produce a good meal with that thing.
      Remember the more automation the less control.

Comment

Manatee Max

No shame here, amigo...

Truth be told, I still have a Ronco Dehydrator that was me Ma's....Still works jus fine, thankee...

It Is, zackly what it is, we can speak freely, openly, an candidly, cause that's what we does, round these parts. Within obvious rules.

Please, Story On, Brother.

Comment

Hey if it works...
          The right tool for the right job I say.

Comment

But wait! There's more!!!

Comment

I haven't used the rotisserie in a few years but I do use the gloves that came with when grilling whole chicken or roasts.

Comment

If it just has an on/off switch, add a plug in temp controller. There are even some fancy PID type ones, but they run a bit more $$

Comment

Cool! And the price was right. You also proved it’s not the cooker, it’s the cookee.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here