Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Fryer Adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Fryer Adjustments

We have a GE double oven that has an air fryer setting as one of the options. GE did not provide any recipes or instructions on using this setting other than how to turn it on.

I know there is a general rule for how you adjust a recipe for time and temp if it is a convection microwave. Does anyone know if there is a general rule for adjusting recipes if air frying? Even your best guess would be appreciated.

First, I would say that for fresh food (potatoes, chicken, etc.) do not buy into the "no oil" hype unless you don't want a crispy exterior. The oil is necessary to conduct enough heat to the surface of the food. Just a light coating though.

Second, if it's a big cavity, you are going to need more time than a standard air fry recipe calls for - you'll have to experiment. In general though, I have found that about 15% less time for air fry vs. oven directions is in the ballpark. Many times though I find that the time and temp don't change vs oven directions but the surface is just crispier. Again, every air-fry oven is different and you'll have to do some trial and error.

A lot of packaged foods are now including air fry guidelines on the package.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      You're absolutely right about oil. Some of the worst foods I've had were cooked in an air"fryer" without the benefit of an oil spritz.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here