Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KitchenAid Gourmet Pasta Press--Early Christmas for Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KitchenAid Gourmet Pasta Press--Early Christmas for Me!

Okay, I had no willpower when I checked the offerings on KitchenAid's Black Friday Specials. The Gourmet Pasta Press, which I've had my eye on for some time, was $50 off, so only $129. They even say it's arriving Friday, which I guess really is Black Friday, even though there will be no more shopping for me...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	944405

Really Nice Score!

It'll be pasta city there, afore long!

Comment

You are in for a treat! I use this more so than the pasta roller and cutter. This extruded is w0nderful! The rigatoni is perfect for those great meat sauces. Make some bucatini for a wonderful Alla arabiatta . Macaroni - well that’s when I straight bust out the lawbstah mac and cheese! I think the fusilli is the one type that I’ve made the least of. But, they are all great!

It’s pretty easy to use, easy to clean. I use this more than anything else on the mixer. I hope you have some fun with it this weekend!

Comment

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        How does it get the tiny hole through extruded bucatini?

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Bkhuna - it’s all in the die plate. Just the way it’s set up to only allow for the pasta to go through on the outside, same as the macaroni and rigatoni die plate.

I will say the dough has to be right, if to soft it can be a little more finicky, but usually it’s ok. I’ve figured out the dough recipe for me that works well.

It’s quite the treat!

Enjoy!

Kathryn

Comment

Wonderful. I didn’t even know that attachment existed.

Comment

I didn't know about that either--I've got one of those classic chrome hand pasta rollers, and while it can be fun to use, it's more than a pain to clean, especially if you run dough through it that is just slightly too wet. I'm updating my letter to Santa!

Comment

That is nice. I’ll show it to the keeper of the checkbook

Comment

Sigh. Keto now. LOVE fresh pasta.

Comment

The Stars aligned for you Jim White ! Another MCS attack cured...for the time being. Lol. Have fun with it.

Comment

Used this wonderful device for the first time tonight. Apologies for no pics of it in action, but I made a simple dough with semolina and eggs. It was extruded through the fusilli die and it cooked up beautifully! I can't believe this worked so well on my first try ever at making my own pasta. Mixed into my standard hot Italian sausage with onions and peppers.

Name:	2020-12-02 18.33.44 (2).jpg
Views:	181
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	949409

Name:	2020-12-02 18.33.51-1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	949411

Name:	2020-12-02 18.35.42-1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	949410

Comment

• barelfly
                    barelfly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mr. Bones of course! 2 cups flour, 3 eggs, pinch of salt - and then the part that you just have to figure out - water to get the right texture. I do 10 tsps of Luke warm water & get great dough.

Use a large bowl & add flour, create a well, add the three beaten eggs to middle, then salt. Then take a fork & slowly mix the flour to the egg. Once mixed dump out & knead a bit to form a smooth dough ball. Cover with plastic wrap & let sit for 30 mins. Don’t over knead though, or dough will get tough

• Jim White
                    Jim White commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did this simple recipe (https://foodal.com/recipes/pasta/basic-semolina/) which is just semolina flour, eggs and salt. I did wind up adding a tablespoon or so of water to get it to all come together into a dough. Then I just made the little walnut size balls of dough the press instructions call for after it rested in the fridge a half hour.

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Many Thanks, Brothers, fer chippin in yer expertise to help a Newbie...
                    Much Appreciated, yall!

Looks amazing!

Comment

• Jim White
                    Jim White commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks. Through the entire pandemic, I've made pretty much this same sausage and peppers at least twice a month. But I've always been using an Italian fusilli my local grocery carries. This is a bit more work, but the flavor and texture are entirely different. Might be hard to go back to the dry stuff...

Jim White that looks phenomenal! What a result! I think I’ve only made fusilli once in all the years I’ve had the extruded but I’ll have to try it again.

and, you are spot on with making your own! Fresh pasta just can’t be beat. The flavor is hands down so much better over dried pasta.

So - what’s next on the pasta menu

Comment

It hasta be pasta. Nice aid for the kitchen.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here