Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My kitchen assistant arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kitchen assistant arrived

My kitchen assistant arrived today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4894714D-5F3B-455F-A321-DC4F8A51C913.jpeg
Views:	355
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	788556

Name:	E46C8F5D-9F9F-469C-88EA-C3004A3F11A6.jpeg
Views:	433
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	788555

Name:	2A4B5462-9749-40B3-AC4F-26C3B428E6F9.jpeg
Views:	362
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	788554

Id fire that one. Its just standing around doing nothing!

Comment

Nice color! Gun Metal?!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Silver I believe.

Where's the meat grinder?

I don't have the Pro kitchen aide, and ours is a basic white model that we keep in the pantry when not in use (hand me down from my mother in law), but I do like it with that bread hook for making my pizza dough. I can let it do the 10 minutes of kneading versus me doing it!
      Last edited by jfmorris; January 8, 2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I am going to get the metal meat grinder attachment and the pasta attachment for sure. might take a few months though, I have been on a spending spree. Maybe my wife will get me one or both for our anniversary in March, she bought me this, so, likely she would buy the attachments as well.

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        The plastic grinder actually works quite well and it seems like Amazon has it randomly on sale often.

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I have, the old white model. My mom had one and the one we have was a wedding gift 28 years ago. Rarely ever use it now. Daughter uses it at Christmas to make cookies. But that's about it.

Oh I thought you were talking about "this" assistant .....

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        I was expecting to see something like this or Alexa LOL

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, I work from a home office in a detached building, and carry a jug of water out here for use with a K-cup machine. This morning the wife thought I had a bottle of whisky with me as I walked out of the kitchen for some reason! I told her I needed it to get work done, and went on. Yesterday was a bad day, so I could probably use some out here.

It's a work horse. I'm sure you will put to good use with all your bread making.

Comment

Very Nice Richard! Let us know how the spiral dough hook works for you. That is the exact mixer I would get if ours croaks.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to put it to work soon, likely tomorrow, if not tonight on some pizza dough. and likely bread this weekend. I am sure these are forever machines for the most part. I could not go less then 6 qt, if I could have afforded, I may have suggested the 7 or 8 qt. But, really excited to have this tool in my arsenal.

I keep waiting for my wife's Kitchen Aid to stop working so we can upgrade to that model. Looks beautiful.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife bought this from Kitchen Aid's refurbished line up. I think it was a pretty good deal if I remember right.

Have fun with that sucker! Just don't drop it on your toe.

Comment

Nice...but the I’m of the belief that every kitchen should have one.
          Can’t wait to see what you turn out.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            They have always caught my eye, my wife was always against us having something like that on our counter, but I won out this time

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine did the same...this is, until she started using it.

Unfortunately when she left she also took that. Doh!
            Had the silver one like yours and recently replaced the terrible mixer I was trying to use with a bright freaking red Pro Line. No hiding that one. LOL

I have the exact model. Love it! The assistant’s accessories I love even more! Pasta cutters, pasta extruder, slicer/grater, meat grinder. Love them all! The pasta tools are so fun to use and make pasta with. I’ll be using mine this weekend for my daughters last dinner before she heads back to school.

the dough hook is great as well! I use that for spatzen noodles, let it do the kneading for me until the dough blisters..saves my knuckles and wooden spoons.

have fun with that asssitant!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            cool about the positive review on the pasta maker attachment It is one of my "things" I want to start doing on my own. plus the meat grinding.

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on the pasta roller & cutter!
            For years I used a hand crank Marcato Atlas...which I still have. But one day had some money burning a hole in my pocket and figured "Why not?"
            SO much faster, and easier seeing as I only have two hands. LOL
            Not sure if I’ll ever use the Atlas again.

FWIW, I don’t have a ravioli attachment for either. Both are a bit tedious & temperamental it seems...and since the KA version is hand cranked anyway...not worth the added expense IMO.

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah...and yes, I COULD have purchased a motor for my Atlas...but a hundred bucks didn’t seem like a great deal somehow. LOL

There you go! Here is to years of service. And saving your shoulders! Cheers!

Comment

That's the one I have. It's a beast! You will love it!

Comment

Richard Chrz has now lost his amateur status! We have the same model. You’ll love it.

Comment

That's a great mixer for sure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here