Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen Aid hand held immersion blender, AKA Stick blender, special at Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Aid hand held immersion blender, AKA Stick blender, special at Costco

Not BBQ specific but it does come in handy in the kitchen.
    Available at your local Costco. It's the 3 speed blender that comes with a chopper, whisk attachment and cup, $29.95 until 01/25.
    I saw and immediately put it in my cart.
    It's a very useful gadget for quick purees, whisking egg whites, quick vinaigrette etc.

Thats like 1/2 off right?
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 19, 2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Correct, Amazon has it for $60

Comment

That is a GREAT deal! I have the Cuisinart version of the same thing (with the chopper and whisk attachments), except mine is an older model with only one speed. I think it is the most used tool in my kitchen other than my knives. Also, see here for a really cool way to use it to make something delicious.

Comment

I've had a Cuisinart one for years, although I don't use it that often it is great to have. Mush quicker for whipping cream, milkshakes, etc. and a must to blend homemade tomato of butternut squash soup right in the pot! A great buy!

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Or MH's Texas Mop Sauce or other BBQ sauces with chunky veggies that you want to make smooth. I have also used it for gravy on the rare occasion when I actually get lumps, you can get it pretty smooth. I use it to turn canned diced tomatoes into crushed - it only takes a few pulses - or to mince up just a clove or 3 of garlic which isn't enough even for the mini-prep. I also use the chopping/mini-prep attachment a whole bunch.

I've never seen a Costco

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            How about BJ's? I had Costco when I lived in Brooklyn. Out here we only have BJ's. There is a Sam's Club about 40 mins away.

I have a Braun immersion blender that I have used to death over the years. It's stained by turmeric from some of the Indian dishes that I make, but otherwise it behaves just like it did right out of the chute. It's a really wise purchase--way better (and safer) than trying to purée hot soups etc. in a regular blender.

Enjoy your new toy, Ernest. You sure got a good deal on it.

Kathryn

Comment

I would not be without an immersion blender, ever. I use mine multiple times every week. The one we have at work, I use every day. This one is about the size of an electric trolling motor!We also have and use smaller ones. An indispensable tool.

Comment

I was at William-Sonoma looking at an All Clad one, I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger. The thing was $100 without any accessories.

Comment

You can get a good one for about 20 bucks at Walmart.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here