Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen Aid Cordless Hand Mixer - Initial Impressions…….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Aid Cordless Hand Mixer - Initial Impressions…….

There was a recent post about cordless kitchen appliances and the dearth of products on the market. I was needing a new hand mixer and decided to see what was out there, in the cordless variety. I’ll take cordless over corded any time, if it’s a quality product that makes the job easier. After doing some online research and reading many reviews, I decided on the Kitchen Aid Cordless Hand Mixer. Its MSRP is $99. and I bought it on Amazon for $89.
    It’s available in 7 different colors and I chose red to match some of my other kitchen tools. I used it last night for some twice baked potatoes. It has a good quality feel to it, hefty and not cheaply made. It has 7 speeds to choose from and is fairly quiet at all speeds. While mashing potatoes isn’t the biggest test for a hand mixer, I feel like this could handle most any job required within reason. Kitchen Aid, and most reviews I read, claim cookie dough is not a problem for this bad boy.

Battery Life - It took about 1 1/2 hours for it to reach a full charge after getting it. Kitchen Aid says it will reach a full charge from dead in about 2 hours. How long will a full charge last? Kitchen Aid states that you can make up to “200 cookies, based on 4 batches of Chocolate chip cookies” with a full charge. Most all of the Amazon reviews I read were praising the battery life and claimed it was rarely a problem for them. Kitchen Aid thoughtfully included a battery life indicator light! It glows green when battery life is between 100% and 30%. It glows yellow when between 30% and 15% and glows red when battery life drops below 15%. Pretty damn handy!

Quick Charge Feature - Kitchen Aid states that in 10 minutes it will retain enough of a charge to stir up a cake batter recipe. I’ve not tried it but I have no reason not to believe it.

Kitchen Aid has a reputation for making good quality products and I feel this one is too. In my short time with it, I’d have no problem recommending it for anyone wanting to cut the cord. It’s not made to replace your stand mixer of course, but for most of your everyday needs, I really like the portability of this and no cord to mess with!

Click image for larger version  Name:	D8BE627B-E1E1-4621-AB07-4292BFE013EF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	1366258
    Its flat base allows you to set it upright on the counter!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1F2EF602-DBA6-42F5-8E89-92EBF8F065E3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	1366260

Click image for larger version  Name:	34FEA85C-1DF4-4E9A-9600-9100CEDC78C3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.86 MB ID:	1366259 Click image for larger version  Name:	EE89787D-22AF-4B09-A45E-E0BF47937661.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	1366257

​​​​I wish all mfgr’s would stamp their brand on the wall wart! We have enough of them in our lives without having to wonder which one goes with what……
    Click image for larger version  Name:	98697A2F-EBE4-4C84-8283-E5D309876AD9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	1366256

Kitchen Aid also makes 2 cordless immersion blenders and a cordless food chopper, also available in 7 different colors.
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 23, 2023, 12:14 PM.

Here’s a couple of videos of it in action! 🥸

It wasn’t easy doing this with a phone in one hand and the mixer in the other..

Last edited by Panhead John; January 23, 2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I'm kinda disappointed that we didn't get the phone's view of it falling into the mixing bowl and encountering the beaters...

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        😂😂

The flat base is a cool design choice!

I imagine it feels a little hefty, but it doesn't look like it feels unwieldy in your video.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        It wasn’t any heavier than a corded mixer but still felt sturdy and not cheaply made. And yeah, the flat base is great! No more having to lay your mixer on the side and mess from the beaters getting on the counter.

And it plays Do Re Mi....so forth and such on..
      Last edited by Elton's BBQ; January 23, 2023, 09:52 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

what about the beater lick-ability?

Comment

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you asking about the mixer, or…..

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, but be careful, don't get your tongue in the mixer.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here