Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen Appliance Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Appliance Recommendation

Alright AR kitchen gadget guru’s. My toaster is on its last leg and I bought the current (cheap) air fryer just to see if we would even use one.
    Well we do use the air fryer way more than I thought we would, so my question to all the small kitchen appliance folks in AR is, what would be a good all-in-one replacement?
    I’m thinking a toaster oven/air fryer unit…does anyone have one they would recommend?

We have a Breville countertop convection oven that we use a LOT, and I DID use it yesterday to make toast - but I only do that when I have toast that doesn't fit in the toaster. Yesterday it was a couple of very large slices of sourdough, so I needed to use it. Otherwise, I never use it for toast only, it just takes too danged long.

Comment

I like my Ninja 301 that replaced my toaster oven.

Comment

We have a kitchenaid microwave, convection oven, ventahood unit we use a lot.

Comment

Ninja offers an all in one that flips up to the back to save counter space when not in use. I was looking hard at that until I realized I am about 1/2 inch short in the counter top to bottom of the cabinet spacing to be able to flip it up... Probably because I put in my own tile countertops 20+ years ago, and they are built up from 3/4 plywood, cement backer board and then the tile - much thicker than normal countertop material.

Comment

Bought the Emeril big box. It has a rotisserie. Think it ran cpl hun. Got lotsa screen shelves n a hard pan shelf to back up juicy things. Love it

Comment

We got the Ninja Foodie Flip air fryer/toaster oven as a gift for Christmas. Love it. We use it for one thing or another nearly every day. Sometimes more than once in a day. Oh, and it makes great toast.

Comment

I have had Breville Smart Oven Air for the last 4 years and absolutely love it. Honestly, it does toasting OK, but the rest of the features are fantastic. I only cook for 2 adults & 1 10 month old 90% of the time and use this oven more than my standard oven. Helps in the summer from making my house hot. Drawbacks are toast takes a long time (compared to a slot type toaster) and the thing is a pain to clean with the ceramic heating elements and not messing them up.

Comment

Not a fan of these combo multi-task appliances (if one aspect dies, then the whole unit is useless --- plus, does it do everything as well as a standalone unit, or are you giving up any benefits by going with a combo?)

All that said, the previous comments about the Ninja have been echoed by others we know, so if that's what you're looking for it's likely a pretty good choice.

Disclaimer: no air fryer. toaster oven still going strong after 15+ years

Comment

I don't have one, but will mention what I have read online and seen mentioned in Youtube reviews of various air fryers, and that is that the oven style air fryers are supposedly much harder to clean well after you air fry something that throws off a lot of spatters. I was watching reviews of some on various review sites, and that was mentioned more than once. The basket style MOST of the mess is in a basket you can wash out in the sink, and maybe you wipe out the top area above it with some paper towels. The oven style you are on an air fryer basket that slides in, and the mess goes on the walls as well. And while the ovens usually have a drip tray in the bottom you can pull out and clean, that doesn't go for the side walls, back and door.

Somone that has both types may be able to comment better than me. My kids all have the basket style air fryer. My air fryer is the Weber kettle + Vortex, but I was really fixing to pull the trigger on one back around Christmas, and spent several evenings digging through reviews.
                    Last edited by jfmorris; April 4, 2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                      bbqLuv commented
                      Editing a comment
                      great inside tip
                      Thank you

• Jfrosty27
                      Jfrosty27 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We had a small basket style before the Ninja flip oven. Actually it was
                      also a gift from the same person! 😂
                      Anyway, I would say your statements are spot on. Much more to cleaning the Ninja. But really not too hard or time consuming. The trade off is versatility.

So, I just bought a regular old toaster for $30. I don't have (and don't want) an air fryer, but I'd consider whether or not you want to combine them vs just adding a toaster since you already have an air fryer.

When I want toast, I want it ASAP and it's something I want most mornings. One of the reasons I got a new one is that the old Black and Decker toaster elements are fading and take too long (it's 15 years old, so I can't complain).

Obviously there's other factors - storage space, etc - but sometimes unitaskers are better.

FWIW, I got this toaster. Note that there are 2 and 4 slice versions.

Comment

• jfmorris
                      jfmorris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm in the same boat. We have a small toaster oven, that we may pull out on occasion from the cabinet (its small enough to fit in a base cabinet) to reheat a slice or two of pizza, but mostly we use a 2 slot popup like you show, as it gets the job done better.

• Dadof3Illinois
                      Dadof3Illinois commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We’ve had a regular toaster all my life (56 years young now) and our kids really like the small air fryer we have. So we’re just trying to save some space on the counter. I’m thinking that Ninja Flip looks like it might work for us. We don’t eat toast except on the weekends when I’m cooking breakfast so we should be good in that respect.

Where is 58limited he must have something 50 or 60 years old?

Comment

OK HawkerXP you asked for it, here it is: Kenmore Automatic Rotisserie Broiler Grill. Or, as my friends call it: The Rotissa-Griddle-Rama-Thingy

Click image for larger version  Name:	rotisserie2.jpg Views:	4 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	1201646
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	rotisserie3.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1201658
                      Last edited by 58limited; April 5, 2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I certainly mean no offense to 58limited . I am also an old stuff collector. CaptainMike He has stuff we grew up with.
                        Last edited by HawkerXP; April 6, 2022, 03:56 PM.

• 58limited
                        58limited commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, no offense taken at all bud. I like old stuff, their styling and durability, and I don't mind people poking fun at me for it.

• CaptainMike
                        CaptainMike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I didn't think your comment was offensive at all HawkerXP. And a trip through David's house would be nothing but sweet nostalgia!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here