Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you... air fry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep mine in a cabinet and forget I have it, but seeing the pics on this thread I may just put it up on the counter so I can use it more often.

Comment

Stashed a lamb pop aside from last nights cook so I could experiment with airfry today 😁
      olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt n pepper
      into airfry 380° 6 minutes a side
      it was awesome!
      Attached Files

Comment

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice experiment with delicious results.

I just got the Breville like smokenoob and SheilaAnn have in this thread. I just did some frozen wings and they made a huge mess and weren’t very crispy. Any suggestions on how best to do wings? Figured this was best place for me to ask.

Still deciding whether this appliance is a keeper or not. Convince me. 🤪

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        tamidw I never cook from frozen. Slack out in the fridge. “Dry brine”. Season as you wish. Tiny spritz of oil. 400F on the super convection setting.

I also use the broil setting a lot. Watch it, though, it works fast!

I love love this machine! It gets more use than my regular oven.

• ddevine
        ddevine commented
        Editing a comment
        You might try dusting them in baking POWDER before frying. Helps to crisp them up.

• acorgihouse
        acorgihouse commented
        Editing a comment
        I find the air fryer is my absolute fav way to do wings. I used to have the AF with the drawer, but it got greasy steam all over and didn't hold enough. I gave it away, and got the AF Instant Pot oven, don't use it much, but def for wings. I never cook them from frozen. I dry them off, fully thawed, put in bowl with a few little shakes of oil and whatever seasoning I want. Lately, I like a shake of avocado oil and a shake of sesame oil, then sprinkle with a mixture of garlic salt and ginger powd

We bought an infomercial drawer-type from a regular store eons ago. Been using it ever since for frozen fries, frozen others, drums, wings, even fresh taters, etc. Now, I wondered if the oven-types were better (#$*@ those infomericals!). Went through two of them, returned both.

Sticking to the little old drawer-type.

Comment

I’m sorry to report the air fry mode on my 2 year old Breville sounds like rocks in the fan….🙄
        I spend a few hours taking it apart and found the motor failure. The bearings are pressed in place on the armature frame mounts and held with a retainer. One had come loose and I could see no way to fix it. So I did what any shade tree tech would do, I ripped it out (see below in pic 😁). Put it all back together and we are back to quiet air frying (for now 😂)
        A bit bummed this happened at the two year mark…..
        Attached Files
        Last edited by smokenoob; December 28, 2023, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          This two years old? What have you only used it once? 🤪

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          Good eye SheilaAnn The cooking pic is a file photo to remind ya which model I have, the pic on the repair table was taken yesterday. 🍿🍻 Cleaning is not one of my strengths…..fixing is 😂

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here