Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you... air fry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    My understanding is that it's just more air.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    What's different in an Air Fry oven when you set it to Air Fry instead of just Convection? The basket?

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    interesting!

• Attjack
    replied
    Mine has a sear plate so I cooked that one above on it. It was very good. The sear plate really sears well. So I did not use air fry mode I used the sear crisp mode at the very bottom position in the oven. It heats the heavy sear plate from below and uses convection as it cooks.

I've read that a stainless food grade cast iron scrubber thing on top of your food will stop any splatter.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    So the adventure continues. I decided to do a pork tenderloin in the air fryer tonight. I googled a few recipes and decided on an easy one, olive oil, balsamic vinegar , salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning….. The recipe said to marinate it, put it in the air fryer basket, and cook at 400° for 20 minutes. I explain this to my dear wife and she said I was crazy. She said it’s gonna splatter all over the dang oven and it’s gonna make a friggin mess. well, we exchanged a lot of words that I’m not gonna go into. I did decide to put that pork tenderloin on the broiling pan and slam it in that oven on air fryer. I also dropped the temperature down 50° like many of you suggested. Well since there was a lot of confrontation going on during this cook, I didn’t get to take pictures of the final product. And unfortunately I was not recording when my dear wife said "that was the best pork tenderloin I’ve ever had". 😳😛😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
    So, do you guys do it in the air fryer basket and let it splatter?
    Dear wife said "if you do you have to clean it"
    I replied "I’ll clean it as often as you clean the house oven….every 5 years"
    Yes, it was like a double dog dare…….eyes were burning holes in anything they looked at….
    We hugged and made up, I think this would have gone down differently if it wasn’t the best pork tenderloin she ever had…….I need to up my game on the smoker and grill or I’m out of a job!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0F1983F4-8955-454E-AE2B-AE09AAF9E777.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1166133

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    mine used to be that shiny! Glad you like it. I love this machine.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    It does heat up fast but I let it go for longer after it beeps. One of these days I'm going to test it with a thermometer.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    smokenoob Yeah, pretty much. Air fryers have more convection though.

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack I figure an air fryer is really just a convection oven, those marketing guys just "sell us up"! 😂

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    Still learning our new Ninja air oven. Last night we did our first frozen pizza in there. Perfect.

What I love about it is it preheats in about 2 minutes instead of nearly 20 for the big oven. 12 min and 400 and done.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Nice work getting an oven with an air fryer. I put "air fryer" in the title of this thread but really it's about my oven with an air fryer. Tonight I'll be using the air fry feature but usually, I'm using it as an oven, typically a convection oven. I just now finished prepping some chicken for lunches in it.

• smokenoob
    replied
    Thanks guys & gals, y’all lightened my wallet today, thankfully I had a 20% off coupon at BB&B 😄! I really went out on a limb for my first cook: frozen fries 😂. Just in case it bombed I had a side of BLT! Fries were great, BLT was awesome! 😂 So, what should I cook next on the learning curve?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FA6BB937-ABE1-4EB8-86A2-29C23139F33E.jpeg
Views:	329
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	1165949 Click image for larger version

Name:	5A9281C5-718A-47ED-9717-B1A3B93F3AD7.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	1165950
    Last edited by smokenoob; January 27, 2022, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I should probably stick with using the instant pot to proof.

• jhapka
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack Definitely don't want to imagine bread dough in the fan

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    That's a great tip. I wonder if mine is tall enough for proofing? If not it could get really messy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here