Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you... air fry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhapka
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack Definitely don't want to imagine bread dough in the fan

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    That's a great tip. I wonder if mine is tall enough for proofing? If not it could get really messy.

• jhapka
    replied
    I finally upgraded my basket style air fryer that was falling apart to a ninja "air oven" with room for multiple racks and multi level cooking. I've had a hard time with the cooking temp learning curve because 400F used to be too high for any non-frozen food and I would only use it otherwise for the last 10 minutes of wings to get them crispy. This one goes up to 450 and I've had poor luck getting browning at 350 so I think I have to get an old temp+50 degree correction factor in my mind.

I'm very happy with the capacity and the fact that I can put it on the dehydrate setting at 85 degrees and cover bread dough with a damp dish towel and it makes an awesome, warm, humid proofing box. This way I can use my real oven for other things while bread is bulk fermenting.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I'm using my oven type unit as an oven and convection oven far more than an air fryer thus far. The sear plate is nice too. It's a good microwave replacement because it's far more capable and yields better results in most cases.

I'm going to have to try air frying more things though. Wings are drying out on a rack now. I bought some pickles for fried pickles. Maybe after that I'll do some fries.

• Troutman
    replied
    Not sure how I missed this posting but good read. We got a Corosi with the deep bin for Christmas. Like some of you we have limited space so couldn't justify the oven type. Been using it for the usual frozen stuff like wings, chicken tenders, fries, tots, etc. I buy some prepared meals from HEB that are labeled to be cooked in a 400* oven. Gotta agree with MBMorgan and others that 400* in the air fryer is way too hot for most things. Frozen tots and stuff like that do fine but fish or anything with cheese does much better at lower temps. I guess it's a learning curve like anything else. Well worth the $99 I spent on the thing !!!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    The purest

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome looking plates !!!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    But do you AIR FLY ???

• Ernest
    replied
    Never have, never will

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    commented on 's reply
    Remember that these devices are little convection ovens. 400 is way too hot. I've done wings at 360 for 20 minutes with a turn at the 10 minutes to be great. I also missed them with veggie oil when they went into the fryer. The key is to check often during the cook.

There is definitely a learning curve. I'm keeping notes as I go along and it has helped.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I have wings defrosting now for my first try at air-fried wings. I have definitely found that checking the food ahead of time is the way to go to avoid overcooking.

• tstalafuse
    replied
    MBMorgan thank you for these words of wisdom. We just tried our new air fryer last night following their instructions (400 for 30min) and the wings came out fried, as in fried to death...Not burned, but very close to chicken jerky on the bone...

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't tried yet. Maybe I'll try it this week.

• gatorjj
    commented on 's reply
    I do them from frozen for 35 minutes at 390 in the Ninja basket one. I have tried different times and temps and that works best for me so long as you flip them every 5 minutes so the crispiness is decent and even across them all.

While I like them better fried, it's close enough and takes a whole lot less time and cleanup.

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    Attjack I did some fresh wings in the Ninja air fry/oven tonight. Meh. They were whole wings cooked at 400 fo 28 min. Juicy and tasty . But skin was not very crisp and skin was cooked unevenly Tips?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid placements, they are a curated selection of reviewed products.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

A Propane Smoker That Performs Under Pressure

The Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’. Click here to read our detailed review.

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat-controlled oven. Click here for our review of this superb smoker.

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity. Couple that with high standards of design and workmanship and it’s a “must own.” Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review.

Big. Bold. Flavor.

Meathead's Amazing rubs and sauce

Introduce big, bold flavor to your BBQ and grilling creations thanks to the Meathead’s Amazing line of pork, red meat, and poultry rubs as well as a KC-style BBQ sauce. Click here to read more and to purchase.