Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you... air fry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokenoob
    replied
    So we had "twice air fried" chicken tonight, no pics so mebee didn’t happen 😁
    Googled it and was instructed to get chicken to room temp (🤔) and air fry at 375° for 4 min a side to 165° internal. OK I’m game……8 min and they are at 100°…..bout 8 more min and they are at 165° 😁 Lost some moisture inside and crunchy outside, overall I would say very good for leftovers. (Wife now worships me for getting an air fryer and a smoker but me thinks that she’s punking me thinking " Cool, I don’t have to cook tonight")

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    Salmon burgers from Publix came out great. Bout 25min at 375° on air-fry to cook temp 185°
    Stuck the kaiser rolls in last 5 minutes
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    We use ours for many things but are experimenting with others. One thing my wife does each time we use it is to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding anything to the basket. That seems to get foods jump started. We weren't doing that before and we can tell the difference. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    replied
    GrillGrates has air fryer grates in case we haven't gone far enough with our air fryers yet.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    I have started doing wings almost exclusively in the air fryer. I have a powerxl model with racks instead of a basket. My method is season, cook at 260 for 12 minutes, turn them over, 260 for another 12 minutes, sauce if I am making Buffalo wings or something, then go 290 for 5 minutes. If no sauce, I turn them one more time and go 290 for 5 minutes. They turn out pretty close to perfect, and much easier than setting up the Weber.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    Pork tenderloin, brussel sprouts, and carrots. 30 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220202_185810_173.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	1170471

I finally did fries from scratch. I did 2 batches and simified the technique on the second batch. Next time I'm going to try for one batch and twice the fries. The fries were good but took some effort. I air fried some fish coated with boxed fish fry mix to go with the fries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220204_183217.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	1170472

Leave a comment:

• Jim White
    replied
    Okay, finally pulled the trigger. Ninja SP301 arriving Tuesday.

Will put it to work pretty quickly. I have a tritip in the refrigerator. I will probably put it in SV and then shock and back into fridge to await final sear on the new device. Likely will air fry some sweet potatoes to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    After making a mess air-frying panko’ed zucchini, I got one of these quarter sheet non stick roasting pan & basket sets from Williams Sonoma, think it was $39 on sale. It gets the food up high in the air flow, catches all the "droppings", and is easy clean. It’s a tad smaller than the basket rack in my oven but makes up for it in cleanup! I now pretty much use it for all my air frying unless it’s clean food like frozen fries.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory amen to moderation in all things!

The electric deep fryer is convenient for temperature control, and its not too hard to clean up. My main issue with deep frying is that invariably I never end up reusing oil. I've done it more often in my dutch oven lately than in the actual deep fryer, as I can get by with less oil, since you don't have to cover heating elements AND reach a certain depth in a fry basket.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack from what I was reading in user reviews of several of the oven style air fryers, the food on the top rack blocks the air flow from the fan to the food on the bottom rack, which makes sense since the fan and heating element are usually in the top. Because of that, even if you swapped food halfway through the cook, anything in the bottom just didn't get crisp or done on time.

If you don't load too much in the top rack, it would help, but that defeats the purpose of a 2nd rack.

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    MBMorgan I used this recipe: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/cri...ntainer-210209

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Man, those pickles look great! Do you have a recipe you can share?

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris apparently it works if you have the yogurt setting otherwise it does not. I have not done it yet but will soon. You use a regular lid from the kitchen instead of the IP lid.

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack - well an air fryer is also something else I'd need to store (I wouldn't end up using it for things like pizza, etc) so that's a wash. As for fried food being bad for you... it's not like fatty brisket point or pulled pork or pork belly is healthy .

All things in moderation.
    Last edited by rickgregory; January 28, 2022, 04:50 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here