Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Espresso Maker Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    lol

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    Let me know how you like Klatch. They are my go to for Espresso.

• WayneT
    commented on 's reply
    What Old Glory said re WholeLatteLove. I ordered from them for years before they discontinued the blend I was buying. I’m a huge fan of Lavazza.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    It is showing because you attached it, but did not insert it inline in the text - note how the second picture is showing inside a box labeled "attached files".

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    I have one of these, like it but I get a residue, almost a thick residue that settles on the bottom of the cup after pour. I don’t use often, it’s my espresso maker at the lake house. You have any tips on what I’m doing incorrectly? Is my grind too big? Do you use paper filters to separate the coffee and then the gasket/filter?

• SmokeyGator
    replied
    Don't believe the espresso hype. Just about every home in Miami has one of these things. It is called a "moka pot" but google will also find it as "Cuban coffee maker". Cheap ones are less than $10 from Target or Walmart, but you can get all fancy and spend $100 or more on a stainless steel version that makes larger amounts. The cheaper ones are aluminum and typically make 1 cup or less at a time. But 1 cup is at least 2 cafe con leches, or 4 or 5 shots of colada, so they are more common.

The trick is to fill the funnel up and then TAMP IT DOWN with a spoon. You want to pack the espresso grinds in there.

It is not exactly like the stuff that is extruded from the fancy pants very high pressure machines, but then again they are $10. The fancy machines have A LOT more zeros in the price and are reserved for the Cuban cafeterias that serve gallons of the stuff per day. Gallons is not an exaggeration either. Bougie people also buy super expensive machines, but honestly if you are gonna dump the stuff into BBQ sauce anyway does it really matter?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	moka pot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	1341874

Leave a comment:

• CHNeal
    replied
    My favorite Expresso Maker is named Dallia. She is I am guessing mid-late 20s ,dark hair, green eyes, a smile that could melt a glacier and sweeter then Alabama tea.

Sorry I just couldn’t help myself….Ill leave now.

Leave a comment:

• Argoboy
    commented on 's reply
    I had two pictures selected to upload with this post but I did not select the second picture but it showed up, not sure why?

• Rfhd69
    commented on 's reply
    Mother-in-law has one. Hard to argue!

• ssennott
    commented on 's reply
    You might try Atomic coffee out of Salem Ma you will the coffee the day after its roasted so you will always have it fresh. George Howell Alchemy is pretty consistent if you use it fresh once you dial it in you should be good.

• Argoboy
    replied
    We bought a DeLonghi Dedica EC685 a couple of months ago and we like it. It also has good reviews on line from Tom’s coffee corner. Someone said that you need a good burr grinder as well and I agree. This machine was on sale for C$200 which was 1/2 off when I bought it. I did buy a better tamper and a porta filter. It makes a good cup of expresso or cappuccino but there is a learning curve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	190D0721-87AB-4C2F-99B0-1904D1D5C3BD.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1341603

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Our daughters boy friend has a Delonghi.
    What model I do not know, I have no idea about these machines.
    He drinks 3-4 espresso's a day.
    I'd be up for 37 days if I drank one coffee.

• barelfly
    replied
    Revisiting this - Klatch espresso beans are incoming. Going to try a few types but then start going to some of the local shops here in town. Also a few roasters and see what I can find. Finally picked up a new grinder that is working well and gives me a better grind I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Draznnl
    commented on 's reply
    Dunno yet. It arrived last night, six days early, and my neighborhood, non-Starbucks coffee roaster is closed on Sundays. I wait...
    Last edited by Draznnl; December 19, 2021, 12:22 PM.

• Beefchop
    commented on 's reply
    Good suggestions. I got mine from SCG, but Whole Latte Love is another good place. Both have buyer's guides and advice you can trust.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here