Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monoprice Sous Vide circulator dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoprice Sous Vide circulator dies

About a year ago I had recommended a $70 Sous Vide circulator from Monoprice after using it about a half dozen times. It did a good job and looked much like an Anova. But I guess you get what you pay for. It suddenly failed and no longer works reliably. Shuts off intermittently and blinks erratically when you turn it on. Not about to tempt fate by putting this flakey electric appliance into it into a pot of water.

Did you check the warranty? Monoprice has decent warranties on some things.

Comment

Get what you pay for is a good rule of thumb and meets expectations.

Comment

Did you give it a proper burial? One word of advice...Anova

Comment

Joule.

Comment

• rodkeary
            rodkeary commented
            Editing a comment
            +1

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            ++2

• dubob
            dubob commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah! I'll stick with my Anova. When my original one died after 3 uses, they replaced it with the upgraded version at no additional cost. I like that about a company. 😁

Was not able to get a response to my email or call to Monoprice. I ended up buying an Anova from Costco. The regular model is on sale everywhere for $179 (from $199) and Costco has the same, bundled with a $60 tank for $199. I think it had been on sale for $159. The Joule was also tempting, but pricier.

I did consider trying to repair the Monoprice, but it had special screw fasteners that couldn't be opened without a special tool.

Comment

That's disappointing. I saw Monoprice had one for $99 actually today, but I've already got two Joules. I usually recommend Monoprice to friends, but I've mainly used their cables and TV mounts. I can still recommend those without hesitation, but I will pass on checking out their immersion cooker. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

RIP Mono.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here