Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide container lids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lstevenson
    commented on 's reply
    Also, meat isn't typically the same depth from one end to another...so the tips/ends get overdone while the middle is the way you want it. Also, about the middle, using temperature of the water to cook, it doesn't get over- or under-cooked. A fast sear and perfection!

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    I have a silicon lid like that, but came with the notch for the Joule, and is textured to make the drip more even rather than just in the middle. Nothing wrong with dropping in the middle, though. Works very nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on what he said! ^

• dubob
    commented on 's reply
    ZAXTLY! #1 & #3 is what I have and it works great. Longest cook so far has been 36 hrs. and very little water loss to evaporation. The #2 cover is cool, but don't really see a need for it for me.

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    yeah, 131.5-C, boiling at sea level plus 56.7 more of them Fahrenheit dudes.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    You’re off on the setting though. Ask Jerod Broussard. It’s 131.5 - Non-Existent FM to get the best results.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Not unlike what glitchy uses, here’s my setup. I like to wrap a dish towel around the Anova to keep any condensation away from the electronics.

Click image for larger version  Name:	64AB9D7F-6E1B-4FED-B38A-532878C7D3C1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	989356

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    replied
    I haven’t done anything big like a brisket yet where I’d probably mod a cooler, but here’s my normal setup:

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    replied
    I got this. Most likely from Amazon. I also drape a dish towel over for heat retention.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210213_212430.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	989298

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    72 hour smokes. Now the is PBR time.
    There after the Sous-vide, hoppy grilling to you.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; February 16, 2021, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    commented on 's reply
    The best way I can explain why sous vide is to ask you, how does medium rare, tender as prime tenderloin, chuck roast sound? I'll give you a hint. It is FANTASTIC, and sous vide is the only way you can make it.

• willxfmr
    replied
    Anytime this topic come up, I feel inclined to mention the Frankencooler. I made one of these, and love it. I can do 72 hour cooks and never lose a measurable amount of water. Being insulated also cuts down on heat loss and so saves on energy. Not to mention you can get the cooler on sale for under $20.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I've seen that same thing done with ping pong balls floating on top.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    I just don't get this Sous-vide thing. I guess I must try it to find out. I wonder if Sous-vide is the root of the founding of reverse sear.
    Happy grilling to you.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    I usually use a small cooler for a SV container and have cut a hole in some styrofoam like Thunder77 . Works Great! I like the idea SmokingPat uses too.
    Last edited by Skip; February 12, 2021, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here