Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anova Not Heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anova Not Heating

I have one of the older Anova sticks, ASVPIPE1.0.

It has stopped heating. Wondering if it is better to replace or try to repair? I'm guessing the former. Nevertheless, if it is an easy fix, I'll keep it. I don't need bluetooth or any of the other features in the newer sticks.

You have a picture of that thing?

They got some pretty good deals on ebay.

Comment

Not sure why pics would be useful. I provided the model number. But here are pics.

Attached Files

Comment

I'd replace. The worst thing about a long SV cook is when it fails in the middle of it and ruins the meat.

Comment

Look at Monoprice. Bought an Anova like product for $70 and has worked really well for the past 9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
            I'd replace. The worst thing about a long SV cook is when it fails in the middle of it and ruins the meat.
            This was some chicken thighs and near the end. But yes.

I was going to do some reverse sear ribeyes at the firehouse tomorrow. I guess it is a good thing the stick took a dump yesterday and not tomorrow with some expensive steaks in the tub.

Comment

You can put a lot of work into it, it won't be as hot as it was originally, and it will fail sooner. Get a new one with a warranty and you're good for at least a year.

Comment

Originally posted by JGo37 View Post
                You can put a lot of work into it, it won't be as hot as it was originally, and it will fail sooner. Get a new one with a warranty and you're good for at least a year.
                Kind of what I figured. The new ones are about half the price of what I paid for this one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here