Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Cheapo SV Container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cheapo SV Container

This is the set of cheapo plastic food storage containers I bought at Walmart for ~$10. I sort of stumbled on it and really only bought it for the large container so that I could use it for SV with a small investment.

I cut a hole out of the lid for my Anova SV device.

OK Going to post pics from my cam phone next post.

Here it is, $10+tax, crude cutout. I hate using the containers that came with this set, they are so cheapo! The set comes with about a hundred of them.

As you can see, the container is only 12" long, however it has worked fine so far. Might not fit a whole brisket...

I didn't want to drop $50+ on a container and lid since I wasn't sure how much I would use it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...-Set/187096652
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zzdocxx; August 10, 2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

We've used whatever pot hanging around seems the right size (we have those little plastic balls that float on top for insulation). But me lovely wife bought a nice plastic container I'll be trying out in the not too distance future.
      Attached Files

Comment

• zzdocxx
        zzdocxx commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yes, the plastic balls, I almost bought some of those. I was using a big cooking pot then decided to get fancy, lol.

What's that see-saw looking thing, some kind of a rack I presume, or is that to hold the balls in, I'll bet?

Last edited by zzdocxx; August 10, 2020, 11:11 PM.

If it's anything at all like mine, it started out life as a rack for pot lids. The expandable ones, like the $ 18.00 Ikea organizer below, are great to hold the food bags down and in place.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, that's the use!

• zzdocxx
        zzdocxx commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea, thanks !

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here