Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes Operator Error is Better than the Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes Operator Error is Better than the Alternative

I've had a Sous Vide Supreme for 10 years or so and use it a lot. Recently it seemed to be having trouble maintaining temperature. It wouldn't be out a lot but enough that the warning beep would sound when it went low or high and then the up to temp beep would sound. I currently have half a flat in it and according to my wife it beeped all night. She wasn't happy . I'd assumed that something was wrong with it and figured that 10 years of service was pretty good. Before I ordered another Anova I went online to see if there was a way to turn off the beeps. There wasn't but apparently the flat was big enough and I had it at the bottom of the rack and it was interfering with the circulation (circulation with this unit is via convection). Moved the flat up one level in the rack and haven't heard a peep since. 👍😳
    Last edited by pkadare; May 25, 2020, 01:22 AM.

We need a "smacks one's self on the forehead" emoji for things like this.

Kathryn

Comment

• andy.wpg
      andy.wpg commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I have a permanently bruised forehead from the number of times I’ve had to do that!

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      ... and my forehead has a flat spot.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here