Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket bath time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    As an FYI you can simply click the "Follow" button. No need to add a reply in order to do so.

• texastweeter
    replied
    Yeah, 225° until probe tender...traitor...

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Originally posted by shify View Post
    I’ve done 155 for 24 hrs, then shock. Finish by smoking around 3 hrs til I get a good bark and brisket is at serving temp. That gives you a good texture that’s similar to a traditional smoked brisket
    Ditto, you want the 155-F or 68.5-C texture

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    I see no reason to SV a brisket for 24-30 hours or longer when you can have a perfectly cooked one at 275 for 12 hours. I want dinner on time not having to wait a day or twol
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; May 16, 2020, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Clint does 155F for 30 hours, which seems like it would fit your application and timeline. I’ve had better luck on my cooker with a 350F finish vs 225F but either will work. I’m usually running no higher than 135F internal at any point but that takes 48-72 hours in the SV to tenderize.

Create mouthwateringly tender Texas-style BBQ beef brisket every time with this recipe for sous vide and smoked brisket. By starting with sous vide, otherwise tough brisket is rendered moist and tender before finishing it on the smoker or grill to add the smoky goodness of traditional brisket.

Consider adding a "fat flash" right before slicing. You can render and use the trim fat.

the long way (for reference):

Medium rare brisket in and of itself seems to be a contradiction. We’re so used to the low and slow, take it up to over 200* succulent but well done brisket that we all strive to

“Two-Week QVQ Pastrami” A: 12lb packer cured into corned beef, 5-7 days (use Blonder wet cure calculator or recipe from “Serious Eats”. https://amazingribs.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Plan on smoking from cold to about 150f or has color. So I can show the catering the can get away with a quick smoke

• shify
    replied
    I’ve done 155 for 24 hrs, then shock. Finish by smoking around 3 hrs til I get a good bark and brisket is at serving temp. That gives you a good texture that’s similar to a traditional smoked brisket

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    replied
    I don't see the point (so to speak) if you're taking it to 200ish. SV is so you can break down the collagen at lower temps because you want to smoke it only to medium or so.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Cooking it Monday morning, so don't have 48 hours. Argentines would freak out if it had the slightest bit of pink showing....

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    On another forum, a member there Sv’s briskets all the time. 132 for 48 to 54 hours. Chill, then smoke to 135-140 IT. I also think there is a long thread on SVQ on this forum. Sorry I do not recall his handle exactly - polar77? Maybe polarbear777.
    Last edited by GolfGeezer; May 16, 2020, 07:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• randy56
    replied
    X2 never SV a brisket, but ready to do one.

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    Following.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    started a topic Brisket bath time

Brisket bath time

Smoking briskets Monday at a catering company, so decided to sv a point to try something different. Although I like @Troutmans med rare brisket I need to show the catering company how it can be done to cook a normal brisket. Any input on time n temp. Potkettleblack. ??
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here