Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better clamp for Anova?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better clamp for Anova?

So the first clamp that came with my Anova fell apart. The knob shattered, the collar developed cracks etc. They kindly sent me a new one... which is doing the same. I just grabbed it out of the cabinet and the knob split and fell apart. They might send me a 3rd one but it's obvious the plastic they use is, to be technical for a moment, crap.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party replacement? Or has anyone done a DIY solution for this?

Same thing happened to mine. Then the cooker crapped out.

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      HUSH YO FACE! My cooker is ok so far (though the design kind of fails at high temps as the steam wigs the electronics out).

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought a Nano last year, and so far I am happy with it. I did have the old one for over two years before it went up.

Following. Mine has a hairline crack that formed within the first month. 2 years later it is still there. I've been careful just to tighten it enough to hold it.

Comment

I have purchased 4 and gifted 2 of them. All 4 still have the original clamp with no issues. I have purchased 2 of the older Wi-Fi &. bluetooth versions, one of the new Precision Cookers and 1 of the Nano cookers. I very rarely use a metal pot to cook in as I converted to the plastic tubs early on, don't know if that makes a difference or not. I am extremely happy with mine

Comment

Mine Is cracked too. I’ve been careful with it since I noticed, but I’m sure it will give at some point.

Comment

Good day. I had two break on me. Each time, I contacted Anova and let them know. They sent a replacement for free each time. They arrived within a week. I either emailed to [email protected] or googled the phone number-1-855-421-8282.

I have the newer home version now with the Screw attach mechanism. It's much better. I would say, let them know and see how they can help.

Cheers!

Comment

Oh, they've been nice about it in the past. I just hate having the things break and then you can't really use it for a cook. It also (irrationally) offends the product designer in me to have this thing break over and over and not to have them have fixed it.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I tighten the knob just enough to hold it in place (which doesn't take much torque at all) and I haven't had any issues with mine. My natural tendency is to over-tighten things, but I have resisted that urge with the Anova clamp.

Comment

• rickgregory
                rickgregory commented
                Editing a comment
                been there done that. I've had the thing shatter on contact (not HARD contact) with plastic containers in the cupboard. I'm done making excuses for them. If you search, you'll see that this is an issue for a lot of customers - they should have solved it by now vs sending out the same crappy clamps.

Also, a clamp should not be so fragile that it SHATTERS if you tighten it too much. Please....

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                rickgregory I don't know what to tell you, brother, just passing along my personal experience with mine. Hopefully you find something that works for you.
                Last edited by Steve R.; November 3, 2021, 11:01 AM.

• rickgregory
                rickgregory commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not uptight. I'm a little annoyed but what I'm done with is making excuses for a company that ships a poor product and won't fix it.

I solved the clamp problem, the evaporation problem, and the steam goobering up the electronics problem with this plan from Anova.

Comment

• rickgregory
                rickgregory commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm going to solve it by buying another brand.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here