Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anova Sous Vide Containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anova Sous Vide Containers

I have been using a hacked Coleman Stacker cooler for my sous vide container and it works very well until you need to dump the water or have to find the space to use it so was looking for countertop options for smaller cooks such as a couple steaks or chicken etc. A couple weeks ago I noticed Anova was now offering their own line of containers and liked the features of this one:

Smooth, curved edges to help water circulate more efficiently and heat your water faster than any of the squared-off container competition.

So yay... UPS dropped it off today and I'm looking forward to a couple ribeyes soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200326_165352.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	820790

Thanks for sharing! And cool to see another fellow New Mexican on the board!

Comment

Nice. I too would like a smaller and/or insulated container.

Comment

I too have that unit. Quite pleased with it. Really good for vegetables they can’t float above the rack. It is heavy when you go to empty it.

Comment

That looks nice! I've been using a steel stock pot. I don't SV much but I know if I get into it more I will need a real tub like this one.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            I mostly use a SS stockpot as well, but I also have a smallish cooler (similar size, I think to this product) for bigger cooks, like short rib pastrami, medium rare London broil, leg of lamb, etc.

I like that rack design a lot. It's a great way of keeping food submerged. Clever.

Kathryn

Comment

Really like the rack design too. I currently have the "franken" cooler and a rubbermaid square container with hinged lid. Will definitely keep this in mind if I happen to gift the container/lid to one of my kids.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like an excellent design with great features. But I don't think I'll be replacing my Rubbermaid 12 QT Square container with it anytime soon. It is pricey (about 2X more) compared to the Amazon Prime Rubbermaid product.

Comment

• cgrover60
                cgrover60 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree that it is pricey.

I like it but geez...$69.00.... I would probably pay up to 30.00...$69.00 is too much.

Comment

• cgrover60
                cgrover60 commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually the box has to be worth $20. I think they had Apple design it.

• dubob
                dubob commented
                Editing a comment
                My Rubbermaid 12 Qt with EVERIE hinged cover was $28 on Amazon Prime.

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Also, it has a seal to form around the unit. I'll take pictures when it comes in, unless UPS gets the bail out $$$$$ and sends everyone home before it is shipped.

Quick follow up. First use a success however getting the bracket in just the right spot so the lid would open and close was a challenge until I noticed one end of the tub had a small indent and an arrow for the bracket. Duh. Circular water rotation was exactly as advertised and hit temp pretty fast.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the update.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here