Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for advice for a Eye of Round Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for advice for a Eye of Round Roast

I see varying opinions on the interwebs for timing on the Eye of Round in Sous Vide. What experience have any of you had with it as far as timing. I am thinking a minimum of 28-30 hours. Who here has done Eye of Round?

First off to what doneness are you trying to achieve? That will determine both the time AND the temperature you sous vide cook it at.

Comment

• DrRockter
      DrRockter commented
      Editing a comment
      I should have mentioned that. 130 degrees. Medium Rare.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Given it's top round and you're cooking medium rare at 130 degrees, you should be good at 18-22 hours. You're really not rendering anything with round, just tenderizing. I've never cooked round as long as 30 hours. Don't think it wold hurt necessarily, just don't see the need.

• DrRockter
      DrRockter commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks!

I just did one a week or so ago. I used SV only and finished it at 130 F. Then I sliced it all week long and cooked with it in various dishes. It was maybe in the water bath for 3 hrs. It was tender and medium-rare. I would do that again.

Comment

Since I live and breathe AR these days, I would suggest looking at this from the free side. It is for bottom round, but it is right next to the eye so it should work:

Sous-vide-que bottom round roast makes an inexpensive and extremely lean cut of beef mouthwateringly tender by combining the sous vide method with the grill. Our recipe starts with a low temperature water bath to make it moist and tender, followed by a barbecue element via live smoke and fire for extra flavor.

Comment

• DrRockter
        DrRockter commented
        Editing a comment
        Checking it out now.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here