Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Sous vide experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Sous vide experience

Son helped me into the Sous vide world. I purchased a nova and he loaned me a12 quart Coleman cooler wit lid. He used saw for cutting hole in doors to mount the lock system. When a couple of plumbing gaskets, it holds the circulator in place. First meat was a 8.5 lb. chuck eye roll. Timed, rolled and tied. Heated for 28 hours, it was more tender and favorfull that most restaurant prime ribs. It was reseated with a propane weed burner. Flame covers a wide area and a few seconds made beautiful without over cooking.

Nice and welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tom.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... and to the SV gang ...

Comment

That sv is something else isn't it!

Comment

Nice Job, Tom!
            Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Glad yer here, to learn along with me!

Comment

For the cost of a SV machine and a charcoal chimney (or weed burner) , you can beat most steakhouses.

Actually. That cost could be about the same as eating there once.

Comment

First use this morning of my Christmas present to my wife: five de-boned chicken breast halves with some seasoning before cooking...I'm about to go get some now...my family says it is excellent.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Sounds like a good first SV.

Comment

Welcome TT. Where you from?

Comment

• Tom Turtle
                      Tom Turtle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      From the MO Ozarks

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here