Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Anova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Anova

Bought a "Scratch 'n Dent" Anova on Amazon for $108. It arrived on Thursday in a perfect box with no visible damage whatsoever. I've cooked three steaks that were excellent and have a 4 lb. rib eye roast going now. This type of cooking is new to me but I'm loving it so far.

Forgot to take pics of the steaks, which I seared in my Stargazer skillet. Here is the rib eye roast 12 hours in, about an hour left before I sear it:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 58limited; January 6, 2019, 05:39 PM.

Great to hear you are liking it. How are you finishing the steaks?

Comment

Just edited my post: I seared them (local grass-fed ribeyes) in my cast iron (what else?) Stargazer skillet. I also spent this weekend servicing my Cypress Grill: new lower vent that I sealed with gasket seal, new top vent similar to the BGE vent, and replaced the felt gaskets between the bottom and top halves. Test fire - much easier maintaining a specific temp, will probably sear some steaks on it this next next weekend.

Comment

Enjoy your circulator, it’s a solid investment!!

Comment

You will like the Sous Vide concept! Have fun experimenting!

Comment

Picked mine up on sale at Amazon before Christmas and have not stopped using it. We did two sets of prime rib steaks, two filets, tuna and all came out amazing. Searing all of them in a cast iron pan. I did hit a roadblock with chicken last night. The chicken was good but the marinade I used was horrible. It was a orange juice base I got off line and ruined a whole set of chicken thighs. Oh well, I dig the Anova and it's fa un winter time cooking gadget!

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Come the rest of the year, you'll appreciate how it lets you organize your cooking schedule around the other things in your life! The Tivo of cooking!

This rib roast turned out really well. I didn't serve it last week, I froze it instead. Thawed today and reheated with the Anova at 134* for 3 hours. Then I threw it on the Cypress Grill but I was low on charcoal so the temp. wasn't high enough - I just wanted a little smoke. Then I seared it in my O'Keefe & Merritt at 600* for 10 minutes. Served with Yorkshire pudding and gravy made from the purge. Also made mashed potatoes but they weren't ready - couldn't wait to eat so just plated the roast and Yorkshire pudding for the picture.

First pic - just before searing. Next - after searing. Then the Yorkshire pudding fresh from the oven and after cooling for a few minutes. Finally the money shot
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 58limited; January 12, 2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Wow...sure beats them two poptarts, three onions rings, and SweetTart rope I just ate.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here