Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chefman Sous vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chefman Sous vide

So the wife just called from the local Kroger and said they have a "chefman RJ9-WiFi" sous vide cooker on sale, and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this brand or model?

I've got no personal experience with Chefman ... but it sure looks like an Anova knockoff. Here it is on Amazon:

Comment

Not a few really bad reviews on Amazon. Likely another Chinese company that took tech from the various American companies that made the mistake of having Chinese factories make their gear.
      Last edited by Potkettleblack; January 7, 2019, 09:50 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

I am with PKB. Plus, these things tend to have atrocious customer service. As is noted in a few of the reviews.

Comment

well, she bought it anyway so we'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Hopefully it works out. They have many that seem to love it. Let us know what you think of the unit.

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            A lot of positive reviews, as well. So, good luck.

Originally posted by Da' Moose View Post
          well, she bought it anyway so we'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.
          If the price was right not a bad way to get your feet wet so to speak. Hope it works out. I did a review search and those machines garnered mixed results as can be expected with pretty much any product these days.

Comment

I bought one (no wi-fi) for $49 last year from one of those deal-a-day sites. It works well, and fortunately I've had no need to deal with customer service. I figured that even if it worked at all for a while, it would be a decent way to figure out if even wanted to do sous vide at all. So far so good.

Comment

I'm not saying this device is good or bad, but I found an app awhile back that is supposed to analyze the reviews to determine if they are legit.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/spot-fak...with-fakespot/

Comment

So I've used this twice since receiving it and it worked well both times.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Happy ending!

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great! We love our machine - Anova we got cheap during Amazon Xmas in July or something. We use it quite a bit now. The SVQ pastrami using a commercial corned beef was off the chain, as my younguns say.

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So he got a happy ending? Huskee

I bought a cheap Sous Vide device from Amazon a couple of years ago. Since it has been discontinued after many bad reviews ( Forsous brand ). Mine works great and allowed me to see if it was worth it....Yes it is, got a Sous vide pastrami going now.
                You might check the accuracy with a thermometer to see if its within range.
                Good luck, I think your going to love it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here