Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She is a keeper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to report back after using the SVD a couple times. First had some left over prime rib, Now at this point you are feeling sorry for me. So I vacuum packed a couple 1 inch steaks, starting at frig temp, set it at 135 for one hour and 15 min, removed and served with salad and baked potato. Saved a ju for dipping, Nice meal, could not tell a whole lot of difference.
    Second thawed out a couple pork chops, SVD at 135 for one hour, in vac pac bag, then put my favorite pork chop rub on, and put them on the Rec Tex @ 375 wanted 400 but is was not there yet, cooked for about 15 min until they were 150, outcome was very juicy, tender, Two thumbs up.
    I'm loving these kinda test cooks, more to come.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Check out https://www.seriouseats.com/the-food-lab and start reading what J. Kenji has to say about SV. It will change your culinary life!!

• randy56
      randy56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Capt Mike, Thanks for sharing this web site, what i was looking for.

I thought you were talking about the hat.

Comment

Apply these times AFTER the Food internal temp reaches the specified temperature. There are lots of tables and charts online for pasteurization.

http://www.prep-blog.com/wp-content/...-safety-01.jpg

https://www.seriouseats.com/images/2...tion-chart.jpg

I also use an app called sous vide toolbox by polyscience (formerly sous vide dash). It calculates how long the heat takes to raise the internal temperature and then applies the usda pasteurization curves. I’m sure there are other apps.
      Last edited by Polarbear777; December 19, 2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• randy56
        randy56 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Polar, I was wondering why some recipes called for long times after you reached the desired temp.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here