Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Bath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Bath?

Anyone used one of these:

If I had seen it before I got the Anova, I may have picked one up. Seems a little easier to use, but maybe limited capacity.

Actually looks pretty decent except for size, kinda small. The beauty of an immersion machine is you can stick it in a variety of containers so you have a lot of flexibility. But for $100 that's not too bad a deal.

Comment

That's a nice starter and 2nd Sous Vide bath. I just don't want to miss out on the fun of all the containers I can mod! It would be great for somebody who needs two (all of us?).

Comment

It looks really nice. I like how easily the Anova stores. I honestly believe that my wife would have made me get rid of one of the two crock pots (I have a large and small capacity) for space. The ring on my Anova broke and I tried to buy a new one. They refused - they sent me the replacement part for free.

Comment

I really like the Anova. MCS had me for a moment when I saw this, but I got hold of it before it could make me reach for my wallet. tbob4, good to know their customer service is like that.

Comment

This is like a cheaper Sous Vide Supreme which really serves no purpose one the Anova/Joules were released and I can't see what benefit this thing provides over an Anova or Joule.

The Anova/Joule can be used in your existing pots and have the same capacity as this thing plus they store much easier. But they also give you the flexibility to use in a march larger vessel if you want to cook something like a pork butt or brisket which clearly won't fit

Comment

I also like my Anova. Especially handy when travelling. I take mine on vacation and when I visit my folks in Wilmington NC. Easy to cook a pork loin and finish on my stepdad's gasser.

Comment

Nice unit if you have storage space for it. I already get complaints about how much stuff I have, and the Anova or the Joule take up a lot less room.

Comment

I started with a Sous Vide Supreme Demi. Bath types work very well, and I continued to use it as my go to even after getting the Nomiku IC. Then I got the Joule, and I gave my SVS to a friend. A well designed IC has serious upside over a bath type. Flexibility, capacity, and so on. Bath style have a couple pluses, like energy efficiency and noise level. The bath makes no noise at all. Any circulator will make some noise, even if it’s negligible. IC’s are generally more storage efficient, assuming your vessels are multitaskers.

Comment

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Potkettleblack, it always helps to know the pros and cons. I'll stick with my Anova - it's actually time for me to use it again. Been a couple of weeks.

Bwa-Ha-Haaa!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sv_setup.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	592467

Comment

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I really didn't have much choice in 2010. The Anova and Joule were still a few years away!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here