Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SV Cooking Vessels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BourBonQ The word is OUT. When I looked up the Coleman Party Stacker on Amazon, it was frequently bought with the EdF Pot Lid organizer.

fzxdoc I hate to pass up beer pong too, but I'm going with the Party (stacker). As Troutman says - "Go to Amazon,..." BECAUSE:

If just ONE person does it, well, that doesn't apply here. But if TWO people do it, in harmony, well, that's not politically correct anymore. If Three people do it, well, that's becoming an organization! Now imagine if fifty people, FIFTY PEOPLE, get onto Amazon every day and buy the Party Stacker and Pot Lid Organizer. Well friends, that's a MOVEMENT.

And this entry is, after all, about a restaurant...

Comment

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      JGo37 the Party Stacker hack I did above has been working great for me. One tip I would give you is to make sure the opening you make through the lid (either bare hole or with cable grommet) matches your immersion cooker as closely as possible. Mine was slightly larger so I had to put a little gasket material (weather stripping maybe?) to make it a snug fit.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      BourBonQ Thanks - good advice. I'll be able to do a good job. I'll be installing a grommet as well, for an Anova.

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      As a matter of fact, I'm setting it up right now to cook 12 split chicken breasts for a group dinner tonight. Keeping it simple, seasoning with Montreal chicken and smidge of olive oil in the bag, 149x2, then will finish on the gasser.

A beer cooler with the SV spheres has been working perfectly for me...

Comment

A brand new sous vide addict here, looking for a piece of advice. I don't have sealing machine so I use zip-lock bags and I prefer to let it with the zip upside. So now I need a deeper vessel - I already used my bowls and pots for single cooks, but they can't work with multiple items which is problematic since I want to try new things.
      So I've been looking at Lupavi - thanks Kathryn for your review! - but I'm worrying about them being too shallow (source). What can you recommend for bigger sous vide packs?

Comment

Just a simple hole saw cut to make this one... and did it to cook Thanksgiving turkey...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191212_215800.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	778474
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20191125_214705.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	778473

Comment

Now THAT is thinking outside the box for sure!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here