Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got an Anova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an Anova

Similar to SmokeyGator's method from his post a little while back, I got an Anova:

Originally posted by SmokeyGator View Post
    I needed some CR-2032 batteries for the wife’s Nissan key fob.......so I ordered them AND an Anova 900 watt SV circulator.

It was necessary. The batteries were an "add on item" so I had to buy something else to get them
    I piggybacked mine onto the better half's Herbalife order. She wondered why the box was so big when it came; I might have mentioned something about it being a weight management tool (not my best idea).

Anyway, after I healed up from the things she threw at me that I couldn't avoid, I did my first cook with it. 1" ribeyes from Don's Meat Shop in Hixson, TN (shameless plug, maybe I'll get some discounts), 2 hours at 135, seared in a cast iron skillet while basting with butter, perfect. I meant to take pictures, but they disappeared before I could find the camera. Glad I pulled the trigger.

Cook her some Crème Bruleè, she'll ask if y'all need another one.

Comment

I agree with Jerod Creme Brulee is the best when sous vide! Wait until you do a longer cook with a "tough" cut of meat then you'll see the Anova shine

Comment

Cream Brulee is on the list for this weekend.

Comment

I say get a chuckie in there. QVQ chuck is awesome !!!

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely, and very easy!

I had a nova once. 1976. Ran great!

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a ‘72 back in the day!! It wanted to grow up to be an SS but I killed it before it’s time

Friend of mine had a 72 nova. Flipped it drag racing, a miracle no one got hurt (i was a passenger). I had to get past that old trauma to get this anova...

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a shame what Chevy did to the Nova name in the mid/late 80s. At least they kept the Monte Carlo an actual sports car in those years.

"ANOVA" will always mean "analysis of variance" to me when I see it.

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes you wonder if there isn't a closet statistician lurking somewhere around Anova Culinary headquarters ...

Good plan. Always tag stuff to orders.

Well not always. But sometimes.

Comment

I like your thought process. Wife just asked me to order more childproof locks since grandson coming to visit tomorrow. Now childproof locks and a new socket wrench set on the way.

Comment

Been trying something similar to this for many years. "But honey, with the money we saved by not buying a Lear jet, we can finally afford that twin Cessna I've always wanted". Hasn't worked yet ... but there's always hope ...

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                Never give up. Sometimes the annoyance factor of repetition works. My kids figured that out some time ago.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here