Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joule connectivity issues - urban legend, or??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltassar
    commented on 's reply
    It seems to reconnect when you get back in range. I never let the Joule turn itself off -- I set a timer, and when time's up I go deal with it myself. The connectivity thing makes not difference to the food. It's just odd that something that is supposed to be cool and up-to-date works so poorly.

• HiGradeSmoker
    commented on 's reply
    Keeps on keeping on is what counts. My concern was that it would forget what it was doing and shut down if it lost connectivity. Do you reconnect once you’re back in the garage or does it matter because it has been cooking for what ever time was required?

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly what johnec00 just said as the reason

• Baltassar
    replied
    I've had a Joule for maybe 18 months, and I find connectivity to be poor using both wifi and bluetooth. My sous vide is set up in the garage, and if I'm in the garage connectivity is fine. If I go up to my office, second floor of my house, more or less directly above the garage, the connection unfailingly drops. This has no effect on the Joule itself, which just keeps on keeping on.

Whether this has something to do with my house, my particular Joule, my geospatial relationship to some cosmic vortex, or whatever, I have no idea. I use the Joule frequently, and it works just fine. But if connectivity is an important issue for you, caveat emptor.

Leave a comment:

• Histrix
    replied
    There are so many variables in a persons specific home location and router setup that it is hard to predict whether a gizmo will have connectivity issues so I don't pay much attention to those sort of reviews.

On the other hand, if 90% of people had connectivity issues that might be good to know.

Leave a comment:

• johnec00
    commented on 's reply
    +1 Troutman - mine has a little switch thingy right on the circulator for "on" and "off". Works first time every time. Oh, and costs half as much!

• HiGradeSmoker
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Troutman,
    Please expand

• Troutman
    replied
    The correct answer is buy an Anova

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Since they were first released.

Leave a comment:

• rodkeary
    commented on 's reply
    11 months.

• HiGradeSmoker
    replied
    I guess a follow up question to my original is, How long have folks owned their Joule?

Leave a comment:

• HiGradeSmoker
    commented on 's reply
    Rodkeary,
    How long have you owned your Joule?

• Spinaker
    replied
    Same here, I use mine weekly, never had any connectivity issues, that I can remember anyway.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Mine works like a charm, and I use it a lot--a couple of times a week or so. No connectivity issues.

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; June 24, 2018, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Disowning software issues seems like a poor product decision to me (a product manager) when the remote is the only way to control it. Too bad. No direct experience with it BTW.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here