Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Lining Up For the Sous Vide Era Starting Monday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Lining Up For the Sous Vide Era Starting Monday....

Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker | Remote Adjustment & Control, Smart Device App Enabled W/Bluetooth, Easy to Clean, Immersion Circulator, 800W (Black)

Click image for larger version

Name:	71rIGoeNcBL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	513962
    Click image for larger version

Name:	41v3NLEfZXL.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	513963

You're going to enjoy the flexibility it gives you, and some of the options you'll get for cooking you can't quite do other ways. And then there's the "rib roast tender" cheap cuts off of the a*s-end of the bovine!

Comment

My favourite feature of the immersion cooker is that I can drop a frozen solid piece of meat in the tank and a few hours later be eating it.

Comment

I have the 900 watt version ,and I love it. I don't use it nearly enough. The tender chicken breasts, the steaks and roasts you will make. Ohhh man! You are in for some fun.

Comment

My wife loves salmon mi-cuit, and that's something that's basically impossible to do other than sous vide.

We had some friends over for dinner. I was doing thick pork chops. One couple called and said they'd be late. No problem. When they arrived, I reverse seared the chops and dinner was on the table about 10 minutes later, perfectly cooked.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the salmon pointer - hadn't heard about this.

• RobertC
            RobertC commented
            Editing a comment
            EdF, if you decide to try salmon mi-cuit, remove the skin and crisp it separately as I suggested in another thread last week.

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Great idea! I have a couple of sets of instructions for that crisping. Thanks!

I like my Anova a lot, very easy to use, but admittedly I don't play with it as much as I should. Congrats and enjoy!

Comment

If you enjoy experimenting with cooks, you will definitely have some fun adding this in. Have fun!

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Scallops, mussels, lobster, ...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here