Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooler For Sous Vide Brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooler For Sous Vide Brisket?

Looking for recommendations for a cooler to use for SV'ing full packer briskets, up to about 14-16 lbs.

Anyone have experience with the Coleman Party Stackers? Are they big enough? If not, what is a recommended minimum size?

Any other tips or gotchas?

Thanks!

I used a large Coleman cooler to do a 12 lb Prime rib. It worked great. They help keep the water warm too, an added bonus. Just make sure you start with hot water because it take a while to heat up.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me check what I have....... BourBonQ

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I used a Coleman 45 as my vessel, and I just clipped it to the side. BourBonQ

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for checking Spinaker !

I use a Coleman Stacker for my larger cuts, works great. I didn't want to cut the lid (multi task) so I use a piece of dense foam as a lid with a piced trimmed out for my Anova

Comment

Originally posted by BourBonQ View Post
      Looking for recommendations for a cooler to use for SV'ing full packer briskets, up to about 14-16 lbs.

Anyone have experience with the Coleman Party Stackers? Are they big enough? If not, what is a recommended minimum size?

Any other tips or gotchas?

Thanks!
      I think it should be big enough. Never done anything that big, I’m just going by the room I have in it with the circulator in place.

If you’re interested, here’s a thread I started about what I did to my party stacker:

Well, my wife gave me an immersion circulator for Christmas. I picked up a Coleman Party Stacker 48 can cooler for my water bath and cut the 2.5" hole in the

Comment

• BourBonQ
        BourBonQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, thanks for the tips!

I have done steaks for 40 in a Coleman 40. As mentioned start with hot water and make sure your circulator is rated to handle the volume of water you are using..

Comment

Originally posted by BellChef View Post
        I have done steaks for 40 in a Coleman 40. As mentioned start with hot water and make sure your circulator is rated to handle the volume of water you are using..
        I always preheat the cooler, with hot water first. I find that this helps the circulator along a little bit.

Comment

The yeti 45 is a perfect size. Ive done 2 at a time. Works great

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here