Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SV New Years Steaki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SV New Years Steaki

Jerrod Broussard teased me for my comments on the "Big Chill" article on Sous Vide as I didn’t take photos.

https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...vide-que-steak

Christmas Eve I followed the above article to make a couple tenderloin roasts using sv, big chill, smoke and sear with outstanding results.

In an attempt to redeem myself....
    Last edited by dirtman; December 31, 2017, 04:54 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	44FED667-625F-4F65-BCF4-0AAE2D11B62C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.83 MB ID:	432256Click image for larger version  Name:	F10D5A9A-50C8-49F5-AC4E-67D6089BBB3C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.10 MB ID:	432257
    Attached Files

Comment

I have three steaks. One Snake River Farms Wagyu Ribeye, one Snake River Farms Wagyu Top Sirloin and finally a Costco Prime Grade New York Strip. They were all in the freezer. I lightly salted, added a bit of fresh rosemary and put in SV for about 2 hours. I’ll pull the Ribeye sooner and place in an ice bath and raise the temperature of the SV to 160 for my wife and daughters steak. They will remain another 45 minutes and off to a ice bath. I’ll season with kosher salt and black pepper and smoke at 225 on my pellet grill for 45 minutes and finish with a quick sear on my gasser with grill grates.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Smokin'!
        Happy New year!

Happy New Year to the great people at AR and the Pit! Cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	21792F7C-F215-456D-B882-B4947288CEF5.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	432280

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Sláinte!
        Happy New Year!

Ice Water bath on Ribeye
      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	047B811B-016A-4089-98CC-9F2255BAC713.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	432363
        Attached Files

Comment

Not enough pics. LOL Great writeup and pics.

Comment

Yes I am ruining a good piece of meat butterflying it to get to medium plus in temp. The goal is for my Ribeye to be a perfect medium rare. They are all on the smoker now and the Ribeye just hit 100 degrees. The gas grill is fired up on overdrive with grill grates to get maximum sear.

Comment

The steaks turned out really good. I started late so cooked on the Mak for under 40 minutes prior to searing on the gas grill. My Ribeye was cooked just about perfect. The others were over cooked but as requested. I have been married 23 years and my goal is for my wife to eat her steak Medium Rare. It likely isn’t ever going to happen!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dirtman; December 31, 2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck with that , Boss! In the meantime, great looking steak!

The Moonbeam likes hers at 231 degrees too. LOL

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

My problem when I cook steaks is I don't want to stop and take pictures, I want to EAT THEM! Not to mention, once you've cut them open, you're already losing heat... I don't want to eat cold steak, so I usually snarf them down, then look at a plate with some leftover juices and think to myself, "Dang, I shoulda taken some pics of that!"

Oh well... maybe I'll remember next time. Great job. dirtman !

Comment

• dirtman
                    dirtman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I often have good intentions take photos along the way and miss the money shot. Didn’t photograph another post in comment under AR and @jerodbroussard challenged me.

Nice cook.

Next time, save the rosemary. It doesn’t cook at SV temps and only really dents the steak.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                    DogFaced PonySoldier commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I tried it once on my SV steaks and did not like it at all. I've seen thyme used a lot, but I just like plain ol' salt, pepper and some garlic powder.

• Potkettleblack
                    Potkettleblack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try doing nothing in the bag but the steak. Then seasoning before and after searing.

Good looking steak.....at least on your plate. So sorry 😐 you had to ruin there’s

Comment

Looks fabulous! Great job! Cheers!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here