Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have joined the sous vide fraternity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I am not sure about the top of a rubbermaid. But I assume they are pretty universal. The 12 Qt that I use is often paired with the silicone lid, on Amazon.

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Spinaker - my 8qt is a Rubbermaid so will pick this up and a 12qt.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    barelfly I use three different containers. Use an 8qt, 12qt and a 22 Qt. The lid fits all of those containers. I have used a cooler as well. You can cover the cooler with foil and it will work, but it can still drip. The above option would be nice too.

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker are you using a 12qt container? I have an 8qt and it’s not big enough for larger items. That’s where the cooler comes into play, but what size are you using something different.

I do like that lid though for my smaller cooks.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I got one of these. It fits most cambro NSF containers. I have zero evaporation problems. It has a port for your circulator, and it seals very well around it because it is silicone.

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Hahaha, I have no experience whatsoever with openscad but I’ll take a look at it on the PC and see what. Can come up with. Could be a fun project.

Thanks again for your generosity of sending the files!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    JCBBQ thanks for the idea. I’m off to wrap!

Update, this works like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Last edited by barelfly; February 25, 2018, 12:42 PM.

• andy.wpg
    replied
    Originally posted by barelfly View Post
    So, have you fabricated one of these for the Anova’s? 😁 I’m in the middle of a long cook at high temp and am fighting with evaporation more than I expected. As a voice in a movie once said if you build it they will come!
    No. I don't have an Annova. I could, however, send you the OpenSCAD files and you could play with them to modify it for yours.

OpenSCAD is free and available at: http://www.openscad.org/

If you don't have a friend that has a 3D printer, you could use 3Dhubs. There will be someone in your area that would be able to print it for a small fee.

Hubs is now Protolabs Network. Manufacturing capabilities for complex custom parts–from prototypes to production. 3D printing | CNC machining | injection molding.

I have sent you a zip file with the OpenSCAD files I used. With a little fooling around, you should be able to modify it for your needs. You will notice that the bracket has a a center target (to mark the hole center) that is designed to be cut away with side cutters after use. Remember that you have to oversize holes a little bit because the come out slightly smaller when printed.

Of course you can always contact me here if you have questions. I am by no means an expert with OpenSCAD, but I've been fooling around with it for a couple of years, and can usually manage to make what I need to.

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    When I SV for 24hrs or for a long cook I always cover my pot with plastic wrap. No problems whatsoever with evaporation.

• barelfly
    replied
    So, have you fabricated one of these for the Anova’s? 😁 I’m in the middle of a long cook at high temp and am fighting with evaporation more than I expected. As a voice in a movie once said if you build it they will come!

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    replied
    Pretty dang impressive! The SV community is coed, btw. Along with Potkettleblack your best instruction will be from fzxdoc.

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    Nice. Welcome to the club.

Leave a comment:

• kmhfive
    replied
    Very nice bracket! Should maintain a really long cook (say 48hrs for a brisket!).

Leave a comment:

• andy.wpg
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the compliment! :-) The only problem is that I would have to buy one of EVERY cooker to model them! I would have to sell a LOT to make that up.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Dude you made that? It looks custom molded. Man I’d put that out there for sale....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here